Car hire comparison site offers Christmas travellers its tips to get the best deals over the busy festive period
With some car hire companies accused of increasing their prices over the busy festive period, comparison site Carrentals.co.uk is offering its top tips to help Christmas travellers get the best deals.
Gareth Robinson, managing director of Carrentals.co.uk which compares prices from up to 50 different rental companies, says: “The festive season is one of the busiest times for car rental companies, but in the current climate customers need to know they are getting the best possible price. It’s all too easy to feel rushed into booking the first car you find because of concerns over availability. There are still cars available, but it is worth taking the time to shop around early to compare and secure the right deal.”
Traditionally demand in key locations such as London, Spain and Florida often out-strips supply, meaning prices can be significantly higher than at other times of the year.
To help, Carrentals.co.uk is offering its Christmas Car Hire Tips –
• 1) Book early – It may be easier said than done, but booking in advance will give you access to better prices. The later you leave it the less choice you will have, so get organised and book as early as possible – this way you will not only get a better selection of vehicles, but also the best deals.
• 2) Compare the market – In the credit crunch comparing prices is becoming best practice, so extend this to your car hire. Make sure to compare both the well-known brands and smaller specialist companies, and always check you are comparing like for like.
• 3) Be flexible – Try to be flexible in your car hire requirements and you could save money. Picking up a car from a slightly different location or varying your collection and drop off dates may give you a better deal, or try opting for a different type of car – keeping your options open and being more flexible means you can take advantage of the best prices.
• 4) Pre-book extras – If you need extras such as snow chains or child seats, make sure you book them in advance. Car Rental companies generally have a limited supply of items such as this, so make sure you book them at the start rather than leaving them to when you pick up the car and either missing out or having to pay a premium.
• 5) Check your insurance – always check your insurance policy on your car hire, but if you think you’ll rent a few cars over the year look at options from companies such as insurance4carhire. This will cover the excess charges, to ensure you’re not left out of pocket should you be involved in an accident.
Carrentals.co.uk compares car hire deals from up to 50 rental companies, including Holiday Autos, Budget, EasyCar and Thrifty, in over 9,000 locations around the World, and also offers airport parking/hotels and insurance from insurance4carhire.com.
To compare the best Christmas car hire deals visit www.carrentals.co.uk.
Carrentals.co.uk was launched in February 2003 and grew to become one of the UK’s leading online car hire companies by 2006.
In 2007 the company re-launched its site to create the first major online price comparator in the travel industry. Using the latest technology the Carrentals.co.uk site now searches up to 50 different car hire websites, providing an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 9,000 locations.
Websites searched include Budget, Thrifty, Sixt, Holiday Autos, Opodo, EBookers, Carrentals.co.uk and EasyCar, with the Carrentals.co.uk site quickly comparing prices and allowing customers to refine their search by car type.
The Carrentals.co.uk site also features over 6,000 links to useful tourist information sites, plus over 2,700 pages of travel information in a mini-guide format.
In 2008 Carrentals.co.uk was voted Best Car Hire Website in the Travolution Awards. To book or for further information visit www.carrentals.co.uk
Rachel Builder & Debbie Williams
T: 01625 511966
F: 01625 511967
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Asap Ventures in the following categories: Leisure & Hobbies, Motoring, Travel, Media & Marketing, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.