A new website has been launched with the support of several major UK retailers as part of a positive initiative designed to help recently redundant retail managers and staff to secure new roles. The new site www.likeforlike.com advertises the latest jobs available at all levels and across all markets within the retail sector, and also provides a facility for those seeking employment to advertise their CV’s publicly or privately and network amongst each other.
The new service, which goes live on Friday January 9th, is totally free to both retailers who are actively recruiting and people seeking vacancies. Candidates will be able to register and post their CV’s from this date and immediately begin to apply for vacancies. The site’s recruitment functionality is further enhanced by its ability to combine social networking as well as recruitment tools - offering retail staff a dedicated space to chat live and exchange messages with others.
Already the www.likeforlike.com service has been enthusiastically embraced by the UK retail sector, and key retailers who have committed support to the new site include: Jaeger, All Saints, New Look, Pumpkin Patch, Carphone Warehouse, AlHokair of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Aftershock, New Balance, Moss Bros, Bendon, Space NK, Bestseller, Peter Werth, and Anya Hyndmarsh with many others in the pipeline.
Belinda Earl, CEO Jaeger, “A great initiative launched by retailers for retailers. In this difficult climate its a great opportunity to support the industry whether it be with advice or actual vacancies. With ever decreasing budgets, it helps us to help with no costs attached”.
Ciaran McCloskey, Group Trading Director at Moss Bros, “This website is answering the needs of the market in challenging times for the industry and it is a great vehicle for helping bring together companies and individuals that are in need of this service.”
Brendan Dorrian, the Managing Director of Patonz, the global retail networking organisation that devised and funds www.likeforlike.com says, ”Between the start of December and the end of January, tens of thousands of redundancies will occur within the Retail sector, arguably the largest and fastest single-sector redundancy programme in modern times. www.likeforlike.com is a response to these circumstances, and is intended to enable candidates and retailers to come together in a single space and accelerate the application process for roles that are being filled. “
- Patonz is the world’s leading global retail network with more than 4,500 board-level retail executives actively participating across the globe.
- Patonz was formed in London in 2002, by current CEO, Brendan Dorrian.
- Patonz Global Retail Network operates worldwide, exclusively at main board level, from a London base. The company has three core activities:
- Enabling retailers to secure franchise partners worldwide.
- Assisting franchise groups in securing franchisors for their domestic markets.
- Securing board-level introductions for vendors who are seeking to expand their customer base.
- Through its compshop subsidiary, Patonz also provides information on the trading position of retailers around the world on a weekly and monthly basis: In Moscow, London, Sydney, New York, Sao Paolo, and Mumbai.
For further information, please contact Mary at Brandnation:
t: 0207 940 7170
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Brandnation Integrated Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.