The best companies in datacentre design, operation and management were recognised at the prestigious Datacentre Leaders’ Awards 2008 ceremony held in London in December. Operational Team of the Year went to Morgan Stanley Enterprise Data Centres Group in partnership with Norland Managed Services and Redstone Converged Solutions.
Morgan Stanley formed their global Enterprise Data Centres (EDC) group to bring together the core skill sets of the traditional Corporate Service and IT Functions to work as one team with single point accountability for the operation of the Global Data Centre portfolio. The firm recognised that by integrating data centre FM and IT functions globally into a brand new multi-disciplinary team they could improve synergies, service levels and resiliency as well as reduce costs. EDC operate two world-class data centres in Europe - some 40 miles apart and around 20 miles away from the financial centres of London.
The Norland approach to critical environments is leading the industry. It aims to reduce operational risk by up to 80% through an innovative approach to human factors, processes and technology.
This year’s Datacentre Leaders’ Awards attracted unprecedented interest and a record number of entries and over six hundred data centre professionals attended the ceremony at London’s Royal Lancaster Hotel.
Zahl Limbuwala, Chairman, Data Centre Specialist Group at the British Computer Society (BCS) oversaw the judging process. He said: “The judging panel of industry experts were rigorous in their approach and all of the awards were hotly contested. Congratulations to the deserving winners.”
Tony Smith, Norland Managed Services business unit director commented: “We have helped to create a culture where teamwork and communication is a natural behaviour, where learning and technical excellence is highly valued and where success is celebrated. I am proud that our exceptional team has been recognised in this way.”
----- Ends -----
Notes for Editors:
• Norland Managed Services Limited is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment, achieving 25 per cent growth in each of the last three years.
• With 12 offices across the UK and employing over 1,600 staff, the company has an annual turnover in excess of £150 million.
• Customers include Merrill Lynch, The British Museum, Selfridges, DVLA, Lloyds TSB, BSkyB, Trinity Mirror and Citi.
• Norland’s success has been built on high levels of customer service and its major focus on people and technical skills.
• Further information about Norland Managed Services can be found on its website: www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk.
For further information, please contact:
Carolyn Proctor, Norland Managed Services, on 020 7871 9196 or 07904 480143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Norland Managed Services Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Computing & Telecoms, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.