• Latest Version Adds ITIL v3 Support, Integrated Service Catalogue and New Mobility Solution
Reading, UK, 16th January 2009 – Numara Software, Inc., a leading, worldwide provider of practical IT service management software, today announced the release of Numara FootPrints 9, the latest version of its award-winning Numara FootPrints service desk management solution. Featuring new and expanded support for IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 service lifecycle best practices and extensive usability enhancements including powerful new mobile technology, this release further demonstrates the company’s continued focus on delivering advanced functionality to its customers at an affordable price, and helping service organisations deliver a world-class experience to their service customers.
“Throughout organisations of all sizes, IT managers are struggling to fully support their business’ complex needs within a constrained budget,” said Andy White, Managing Director for EMEA and APAC at Numara Software. “That’s why we’re dedicated to helping our customers implement the most practical and flexible IT Service Management solutions available, and the latest release of Numara FootPrints 9 with the new Service Catalogue and Mobility solutions along with the Preventive Maintenance module is another example of this dedication.”
“I think the Numara Software approach to the IT service desk is just what mid-market and departments within larger enterprises need,” said Paul Burns, senior analyst, Enterprise Management Associates. “Numara Software is focused on providing practical and easy-to-use solutions, which is exactly what these markets appreciate. With the latest release of Numara FootPrints, the company has hit on a variety of transforming capabilities, especially the integration of their new Service Catalogue with the CMDB.”
Designed for mid-sized to large organisations, Numara FootPrints is a market leader for real-world, practical IT service management, delivering unparalleled value with a highly flexible workflow platform for managing the service desk and other business processes. This new release delivers a range of enhanced and new functionality, including:
• ITIL v3 for the Real World: Numara FootPrints 9 offers unmatched flexibility and painless implementation whether customers are just beginning to formalise their IT processes or fully embracing ITIL v3 to better align with their business needs.
• New Integrated Service Catalogue: With Numara FootPrints Service Catalogue, service customers can view a catalogue of all the services that are provided by the service desk, see detailed information about those services, select the services they want and submit their requests through any web browser. The service catalogue lays a foundation for moving into a service-oriented IT model that delivers an amazing customer service experience. Service organisations can now provide a “one-stop-shop” service request experience in an easy-to-use and understandable format.
• Comprehensive Change Management: With Numara FootPrints Change Management, organisations will now be able to easily extend the value of change management and approval processes throughout the organisation with new support for automated customer and supervisor approvers.
• CMDB for Everyone: With more comprehensive functionality, the Numara FootPrints Configuration Management (CMDB) can be used across the business and includes asset relationship and visualisation enhancements, expanded roles and permissions and new web services to manage the CMDB externally.
• Extensive Knowledge Management: Businesses will improve service desk personnel efficiency and share vital knowledge between different functional areas with improved workflow, auto-searches and reports along with new Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) verification.
World - Class Customer Experience Aligned with the Business:
Numara FootPrints 9 provides new and improved ways to help service organisations manage service delivery more effectively, including:
New Service Desk On the Go™: The new Numara FootPrints Mobile, optimised for small-screen use, allows agents to access the service desk using the web browser on their Microsoft® Windows Mobile, RIM® Blackberry®, and Apple® iPhone® devices. Agents can quickly perform critical support functions from wherever they are, such as creating and editing incidents, viewing assignments, performing keyword searches and looking up contacts. Also, agents can easily and automatically synchronise tasks, appointments and contact data.
Proactive Service Management: The new Preventive Maintenance Module prevents downtime and ensures business continuity by enabling service desks to generate automatic schedules and notifications to track recurring service requests on assets, configuration items and processes.
"The biggest benefit that we get from using Numara FootPrints 9 is improved organisation and communication,” said Joshua Koch, director of technology, Woodland JUSD. “It allows us to put the end-user in the driver seat when communicating with our technology department, and better equips us to organise and prioritise our workload. The ITIL best practice framework, along with an easy-to-use web interface, made it easy to implement and customise to our specific needs."
The practical and flexible design of Numara FootPrints delivers immediate value to customers in its ease-of-use and rapid implementation time to reach productivity, at an extremely low cost of ownership. Unlike other costly and complex products, this highly configurable and scalable solution does not require any programming, deep technical expertise, or long consulting engagements.
Numara FootPrints 9 supports ITIL v3 processes and is a certified toolset that has been verified by Pink Elephant through its PinkVERIFY™ Program. Numara FootPrints 9 has been assessed and verified for Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Catalogue and Knowledge Management, along with Request Fulfillment.
Numara FootPrints 9 is available immediately. It is offered in either an on-premise license or hosted. For more information, including a complete list of new features, please go to Numara Software’s website: www.numarasoftware.co.uk
About Numara Software, Inc.
Serving over 50,000 customer sites worldwide, Numara Software is a global leader in providing practical software solutions for service management to IT professionals. From a single technician running a help desk to 1000 technicians managing a complex service desk, IT organisations of all sizes trust our award-winning solutions, featuring Numara Track-It! and Numara FootPrints, to track requests, automate workflows and support internal and external customers.
Unlike other complex, difficult-to-implement, and costly products, we offer robust, affordable and easy-to-use solutions that can be quickly deployed without disruption to your business. Our flexible solutions can be implemented right out of the box or configured to match your unique IT environment and business processes. They can also be leveraged to support non-IT operations, such as human resources and facilities, allowing you to optimize your investments in licensing, maintenance, training, and support.
We’re passionate about helping people successfully manage their IT environments. To register for a one-on-one guided walkthrough, attend a webinar or download a trial, please contact the UK sales team on: + 44 (0) 800 1952373 or visit: www.numarasoftware.co.uk.
For further information:
C8 Consulting Ltd for Numara Software
+ 44 (0) 118 9001132
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.