It’s the start of a brand new year and with so many fabulous trends emerging for 2009, there’s never been a better time to treat your home to a makeover.
Laura Cohen, Interiors Specialist at www.yourfloors.co.uk shares her insider knowledge on what’s hot and what’s not this year and has some top tips for updating your home quickly, easily and, most importantly, cheaply.
1. Be bold. Bolder patterns and brighter colours are in high demand this year as consumers opt for more vivid shades to liven up their homes. Even if we want to try something a little more daring, more often than not we wimp out at the last minute and go for the safe neutral colours instead. Why not make it your new year’s resolution to stick to your guns and go for either the striped carpet, pillar-box red curtains or patterned upholstery?
2. Colour your world. 2009 is all about colours. Bright reds and corals are hot this season and look fab in bedrooms, but are not for the faint hearted. Tamer colour trends include blues, smokey greys, pinks and purples. Lilacs, aubergines and mauves will be huge for Spring and give an impression of light and space, so perfect for smaller homes or rooms that don’t catch the sun.
3. Brown is the new black again. Contrasting shades create a dramatic look and make an instant impact as you enter the room – especially black and white. However, if you feel that black can be a little harsh then why not choose from the abundance of rich browns making an appearance this season? For flooring, laminates are an ideal choice, but if you feel this will look too stark, then you can easily add a splash of texture and colour with a rug? Team this with pale walls to achieve a stunning contemporary look that’s amazing in any home.
4. Nicely Natural. Neutral shades are an all time classic that are always in vogue. Whether you’re looking at paints, fabrics or flooring, this year’s must haves hues are stone, mocha and cappuccino, as well as soft whites and greys. A top tip is to layer two neutral shades to add depth to the room. Try teaming a coffee coloured carpet with a slightly darker rug or painting an accent wall in a richer colour than the rest of the room. This looks stunning in any style of house.
5. Vinyl is back. Well, perhaps not in the music world, but it is in the home and there are some fab colours and designs out there at the moment. All tastes are catered for with bright modern mosaics, monochrome graffiti- style swirls and neutral stone effect tiles all hot looks for 2009.
6. Less is more. Minimalism makes a return this year so don’t go overboard with the accessories. Keep the look simple with one or two key items such as a vibrant wall hanging and a couple of candles on the mantle piece. It’s also the prefect opportunity to de-clutter your home and get rid of all those trinkets that have no sentimental value and have simply been sitting there gathering dust.
With so many fantastic colours, patterns and textures out there at the moment, there’s something to suit everyone, whatever you style or budget. So what are you waiting for? If it’s more inspiration, then visit www.yourfloors.co.uk!
For further information please contact:
Brown Dog Creative
T: 01664 823920
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Brown Dog Creative in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.