bmi, the business airline, has announced that they will operate a five times a week service to the Ukrainian capital Kiev. Beginning on 29 March 2009 as part of bmi’s summer timetable, the new route is available to book now on www.flybmi.com
Connecting business and leisure travellers to the vibrant city of Kiev, the airline will offer a market-leading
Business Class service on the route, with comfortable leather seats and 50” seat pitch, 16 inches greater than competitors. With great value Economy fares from just £189 and Business Class fares from £1,349 for seats booked before 31 January 2009, there has never been a better time to travel to Kiev with bmi.
All bmi flights operate from London Heathrow Terminal One – the home of bmi. In addition to benefits including online check-in, travellers will also be able to take advantage of Diamond Club, the UK’s most generous frequent flyer programme, and bmi’s Company Rewards programme for SMEs.
Peter Spencer, managing director bmi commented: “We are delighted to announce the launch date for our newest service, offering customers a market leading Business Class product on the route between London and Kiev. Customers travelling with bmi will have the opportunity to discover the business opportunities and cultural attractions the city has to offer, whilst taking advantage of competitive prices.”
This announcement follows a series of market leading initiatives that has seen bmi become the first airline to abolish fuel surcharges on all flights to UK and European destinations. bmi was the first British airline to trial the OnAir service offering travellers access to text messages and email and the first airline to offer paperless boarding on selected routes. Other recent news from bmi includes the recently doubling of services to Riyadh in January 2009, as the airline seeks to focus on key business routes.
• bmi to operate a five times a week service from London Heathrow to the Ukrainian capital with connections from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Manchester, Belfast and Dublin from 29 March 2009
• Take advantage of great deals to Kiev from just £189 return in Economy and £1,349 in Business Class in the bmi Better for Business sale until 31 January 2009
Note to editors:
• Services from London Heathrow to Kiev will operate five times a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
• bmi flights to Kiev will operate on an A321 with a two cabin configuration of 31 Business Class seats and 118 Economy seats
• flight schedule (local times)
London Heathrow - Kiev
BD851 depart London Heathrow (LHR) 10:10, arrive Kiev (KBP) 15:25
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
Kiev - London Heathrow
BD852 depart Kiev (KBP) 16:20, arrive London Heathrow (LHR) 17:55
Monday and Friday
BD852 depart Kiev (KBP) 16:30, arrive London Heathrow (LHR) 18:05
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
For further information, please contact Emma Robertson/Natalie Amos/ Lois Kettlewell/Phil Sorenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0870 626 3141.
• bmi is the second largest airline at London Heathrow, one of the world’s busiest and best connected airports. Across its Heathrow and regional network, bmi operates 1,800 flights a week to: Aberdeen; Addis Ababa; Aleppo; Almaty; Amsterdam; Antigua; Baku; Barbados; Beirut; Belfast City; Bishkek; Brussels; Cairo; Chicago; Cologne; Copenhagen; Damascus; Dammam; Dublin; Durham Tees Valley; East Midlands; Edinburgh; Esbjerg; Freetown; Glasgow; Groningen; Hanover; Jeddah; Jersey; Khartoum; Kiev; Las Vegas; Leeds Bradford; London Heathrow; Lyon; Manchester; Moscow Domodedovo; Naples; Norwich; Palma Mallorca; Riyadh; Tbilisi; Tehran; Tel Aviv; Venice; Yerevan; Zurich.
• bmi is a member of Star Alliance, established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers worldwide reach and a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance received the Air Transport World Market Leadership Award in 2008 and was voted Best Airline Alliance by Business Traveller Magazine in 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and by Skytrax in 2003, 2005 and 2007. The members are Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, EGYPTAIR, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, THAI, United and US Airways. Regional member carriers Adria Airways (Slovenia), Blue1 (Finland) and Croatia Airlines enhance the global network. Air India, Brussels Airlines, Continental Airlines and TAM have been announced as future members. Overall, the Star Alliance network offers more than 16,500 daily flights to 912 destinations in 159 countries.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fly bmi in the following categories: Business & Finance, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.