ACCOUNTANTS STILL A BUSINESS CRITICAL HIRE
TWO THIRDS OF EMPLOYERS TO KEEP HIRING AT SAME LEVEL SAYS NEW REPORT
Two thirds of employers will keep their permanent hiring of finance professionals at the same level and 15% will increase their financial headcount during 2009. That’s according to the 2009 market report and salary survey just released by financial recruitment specialists FSS.
“It appears that many employers have learned important lessons from the last major recession in the early nineties, when downsizing and recruitment freezes were the order of the day,” says Lucy Davison at FSS. “The resulting upward pressure on salaries, a scarcity of talent and the need to make extensive use of temporary staff to cover skill deficits when the upturn came, has led to many organisations taking a far longer term view this time round.”
According to the report, FSS also expects to see a potential rise in interim management assignments driven by the need for technical expertise for projects around improving cash management, cash flow forecasting and financial control. .
Other key findings from the report which surveyed employers across the commerce, industry, financial services and not for profit sectors included:
• Within financial services, regulatory reform is likely to drive demand for risk, compliance and audit specialists
• The not for profit sector is likely to see an ongoing demand for specialist finance skills and interim managers who can impart commercial best practice
• 93% of organisations are still planning an increase in salary suggesting that employers are still keen to retain talent.
• Over two thirds of employers said that improving staff productivity and the retention of key personnel would be their biggest challenges
• Almost half ( 47%) of employers had employed new staff from overseas and 13% were planning to increase recruitment outside domestic borders.
• See more at www.fss.co.uk/salarysurvey
The full report can be downloaded from: http://www.fss.co.uk/salarysurvey
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BlueSky Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.