February 2, 2009 – Austin, Texas – Planview, the leading independent provider of enterprise-wide portfolio management solutions, today announced multiple new product offerings focused on extending the benefits of portfolio management to product-driven organizations, a demonstration of the company’s continuing support of that high-growth market.
Product development organizations have in recent years begun leveraging the portfolio management approach to help them plan and bring to market the ideal product mix more efficiently and cost-effectively. The Planview solution, which comprises several product offerings, enables these groups to:
• Automate the ideation process
• Optimize product and roadmap planning
• Improve time to market
• Provide transparency into true cost of product development
Driven by market demands and customer feedback, Planview developed new products and enhanced existing offerings to create the Planview Enterprise for Product Development solution.
First of these offerings is the new Planview Enterprise Product Portfolio Management application, a purpose-built addition to the market-leading Planview Enterprise portfolio management application suite. This application brings the discipline of portfolio management to the product development process and enables more predictable execution through centralized product planning and financial transparency into product lifecycles. Planview Enterprise Product Portfolio Management allows product development to:
• Establish a product management system of record to improve management of the product catalog and increase collaboration for more successful launches
• Apply work, resource, and financial management capabilities directly to the product catalog
• Leverage embedded product analytics that drive better decision making throughout the product lifecycle
• Demonstrate transparency into total cost of product development with integrated product financials
The second offering is the Requirements Management Process Accelerator for Planview Enterprise, which ties requirements to project execution and product development, and thus revenue. This process accelerator helps companies bring the most valuable product features to market by ensuring product development managers have all the information they need to make the right decisions about features, and guide requirements for those features through development and into release. The Requirements Manager Process Accelerator:
• Links requirements, acceptance criteria, validation tests, and change requests for a traceable view of all associated requirement components
• Automates the process of guiding requirements through the product development lifecycle with auditable decision tracking
• Provides one comprehensive view of requirements for the ability to effectively audit products as they move through the lifecycle from idea to launch.
The enhanced Planview Enterprise Insight Analytics application is the third of these offerings. This industry-first approach to interactive, suite-wide analytics makes actionable product development and launch information accessible throughout the enterprise. This powerful analytics platform extends the rich data in Planview Enterprise throughout the organization to accelerate and improve the quality of business-critical decisions. Planview Enterprise Insight Analytics makes it easy to:
• Drive informed action using interactive analytics to quickly visualize key business information
• Disseminate information and annotated actions to every desktop through tight integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint
• Generate immediate value with prebuilt analytics and dashboards supported by a flexible, extensible, OLAP-based design
Rounding out the Planview Enterprise for Product Development solution are the Planview Enterprise – Enterprise Portfolio Management and Planview Enterprise Project Portfolio Management applications. Together, these products enable a closed strategy/execution loop, by tying together strategic planning, project execution, and product development.
For the product-driven organizations that must maximize the performance of product portfolios with constrained resources, Planview Enterprise for Product Development offerings makes it possible to optimize product and roadmap planning, attain more predictable execution to accelerate the time to market, and deliver financial transparency into lifecycle costs.
Planview Enterprise Product Portfolio Management, the Requirements Management Process Accelerator for Planview Enterprise, and the new version of Planview Enterprise Insight Analytics will be generally available with the release of Planview Enterprise 10 at the end of the first quarter of 2009.
Learn more about Planview Enterprise product portfolio management offerings at www.planview.com/pdpm.
For 20 years, Planview has been advancing the discipline of portfolio management, helping our customers change the way they manage people and money to make better business decisions. With a singular focus on portfolio management, Planview is the only company that combines customer-driven software, unmatched domain expertise, and proven best practices to solve each customer’s unique business problems.
Planview Enterprise®, a market-leading portfolio management application suite, with Planview PRISMS®, the knowledge base for accelerating organizational change, delivers measurable business results for IT management, product development organizations and throughout the enterprise. As an independent, trusted partner, Planview is committed to interoperability with key management systems through the Planview OpenSuite integration product line. Industry leaders such as Citi, BP, and EDF, rely on Planview to drive revenue, mitigate risk, cut costs, create efficiencies, and ultimately give their businesses a competitive advantage. Privately held and consistently profitable, Planview is headquartered in Austin, Texas. With offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, the company supports customers in virtually every industry around the world. For more information, visit www.Planview.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Porter Novelli (Houston) in the following categories: Business & Finance, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.