The most romantic day of the year is almost upon us and many of us will be thinking about doing something special for our loved one. However, with money in short supply during the recession, a candlelit supper for two at an exclusive restaurant may not be an option this year.
Laura Cohen, Interiors Specialist at www.yourfloors.co.uk believes you can create a romantic setting for Valentine’s Day in the comfort of your own home and on a tight budget. Just follow her top five tips below and you and your partner will be seeing hearts before your eyes.
1. Have a tidy up – you won’t be able to relax if you’re sitting amongst clutter, so put away anything that shouldn’t be out on display.
2. Comfort is key – sensuous fabrics and textures are great for getting you in the mood for love, so make sure there are plenty of cushions scattered around the room for you and your partner to lounge on. Also, there’s nothing nicer than sinking your bare toes into a plush rug, which has the added bonus of bringing warmth into the room. Try the luscious Orkney rug (from £35 including VAT and delivery) from www.yourfloors.co.uk for ultimate cosiness. Of course, the colour of romance is red and there’s nothing sexier than sitting with your loved one on a flame coloured shaggy carpet. Take a look at the delectable ‘Red Hot’ Stainaway Shaggy carpet (from £25.72 per sq metre including VAT and delivery) from www.yourfloors.co.uk and see if it ignites the passion in your relationship!
3. Dim the lights – if you want to raise passion levels, lower the lighting. This is easy to achieve with dimmer switches, but if you don’t have those then try putting on some lamps in the corner of the room rather than the main light. Alternatively, candles create an amorous atmosphere, but you must remember to blow them out before you’re swept up in the moment!
4. Luscious love songs – it’s important to indulge all your senses and music plays a key part in setting the scene for your romantic evening in. If love songs aren’t your thing, then try some gentle jazz or tender classical tracks.
5. The way to a man’s heart – and a woman’s for that matter is with food. If you don’t want to go to the trouble of cooking a meal then why not prepare a platter of delicious delicacies such as smoked salmon, strawberries and chocolates. Take them through to the living room and enjoy the Valentine’s Day fare whilst sipping champagne sitting on the rug or sumptuous and sexy carpet in front of the fire.
The perfect Valentine’s Day needn’t cost the earth. With a little thought and a few modifications to the home, you and your partner could enjoy a wonderfully romantic evening without having to step out of the front door.
For further information please contact:
Brown Dog Creative
T: 01664 823920
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Brown Dog Creative in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.