The mystery man behind the Michelin guide is turning his love affair with fine dining to the benefit of the thousands of lovers across the UK planning Valentine’s Day meals.
Derek Bulmer, editor of the Michelin Guide Great Britain & Ireland, recommends that couples should consider booking lunchtime meals this year instead of dining out for a traditional evening dinner.
He explains: “Valentine’s Day is either the most romantic day of the year for couples, or an expensive disappointment in the romance calendar. With couples feeling the pinch more than ever this year, treating your loved one to a Valentine’s lunch is likely to be a much better value for money option.
“There is a range of great quality restaurants where lovers can enjoy delicious food at much lower prices than an evening meal. In particular, look out for restaurants with Michelin’s Bib Gourmand award which offer great food at affordable prices.”
The 2009 Michelin Guide Great Britain & Ireland, launched last month, is the UK’s most prestigious and well respected restaurant rating system.
Derek Bulmer’s top five Valentine’s Day tips:
• It doesn’t have to be on 14 February – surprise your lover by taking him or her out a night or two before! You are almost guaranteed a quieter, stress free and intimate dining experience.
• If you have your heart set on the actual day then lunchtime is a good option, not only will it be cheaper but you will have the rest of the day to spend with your valentine.
• If it’s your first Valentine’s Day together be organised and book well in advance to ensure you get a table at your chosen restaurant.
• Make sure this Valentine’s Day is one your lover will remember for the right reasons by booking a venue that is renowned not only for great food but excellent service too, as they are less likely to crack under pressure. This is where the Michelin Guide can help you.
• Think about what you are going to eat - avoid very rich food and too much garlic. As well as oysters; avocados, almonds and honey all have qualities to help get you in the mood for love.
Notes to Editors:
The Michelin Guide to Great Britain & Ireland 2009 was launched last month and has a full list of Bib Gourmand restaurants. The guide is available from all book shops priced £15.99
For further information, contact Ed Dawes at Seal on 01216165800
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Morris & Company in the following categories: Leisure & Hobbies, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.