Nebulas Security, the data security specialist, today announced that it is offering UK businesses a free web application security risk assessment, typically worth up to £10,000. This comes close on the heels of the recent Monster.com online security breach, and emphasises the importance of pre-emptive security action for large organisations - not just to protect their own online businesses, but also demonstrate a duty of care when handling personal information of their stakeholders.
Nick Garlick, Managing Director, Nebulas Security, commented, “We are confident that enterprises taking up this offer will be convinced that effective web security technology is available – all that’s required is a willingness to undertake the due diligence alongside closely monitored and enforced security policies. Security breaches are not inevitable, they are entirely preventable.”
According to the Gartner Group, application-level attacks have become the most predominant security threat to organisations. As most web applications are unique and frequently changed, a real-time method for detecting and preventing application threats is required.
This free web application security risk assessment from Nebulas Security will:
• Provide visibility into businesses’ web applications
• Check for any application defects and leakage occurring at the web application level and assess the potential impacts
• Identify potential security issues in terms of application/configuration defects and vulnerability to common security exploits
• Identify malicious behaviour and its impact happening in the live environment
• Discover sources of application irregularities and application failures that impact the end user experience
• Present summary reports covering security and application events, credit card audit, PCI compliance. Reports include top 10 sources, problem URL's, severity, and more
• Provide recommendations for securing web applications
Nebulas has partnered with Breach Security, the leader in web application security, to provide businesses detailed information about the current state of their web applications. This offer is available until 31st March 2009.
For further press information, please contact:
Tel: 07958 474 632
About Nebulas Solutions Group:
Nebulas Solutions Group is a security, acceleration and virtualisation specialist.
Formed in 2001, Nebulas Solutions Group offers sophisticated technology solutions, consultancy and implementation expertise to help organisations address the key business issues of data security, acceleration and availability.
Nebulas Solutions Group comprises three divisions: Nebulas Security is the UK’s leading provider of IT security, data privacy and compliance solutions. Nebulas Xcelerate provides leading WAN optimisation and applications acceleration solutions and Nebulas Virtualise offers market leading virtualisation solutions. The Group’s combined expertise ensures that organisations can maximise the performance, efficiency and security of their IT infrastructure, as well as reducing operating costs.
Based in London, Nebulas Solutions Group has more than 200 customers worldwide, including many blue chip and FTSE 250 organisations. For further information, go to www.nebulassolutions.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Clearview Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.