Art school graduates set to revolutionise the UK creative holiday market
- Frui launches range of stylish breaks to Africa, Croatia, Italy & Turkey -
As Brits feel the pinch and demand more from their holiday experiences in 2009, a brand new concept in affordable-yet-sophisticated creative holidays launches today (9 February 2009). Founded by two art school graduates passionate about inspiring creativity in others, Frui challenges the ‘fuddy-duddy’ perception of creative holidays by offering contemporary, youthful tuition and a superior standard of service and accommodation. The brand launches with a range of photography, gastronomy and contemporary painting holidays to Istria (Croatia), Istanbul (Turkey), Abruzzo (Italy) and Marrakech (Africa) starting at just £749* per person.
Frui gives guests the chance to escape the daily grind and reap the benefits of self-expression, mental stimulation, personal reward and self-improvement. They can learn a new skill, or indulge an existing passion, whilst exploring some of the most stunning and unspoilt locations in the world.
Commenting on the launch, co-founder Henry Carroll says, “A huge number of thirtysomething professionals spend 49 weeks of the year chained to their desks and simply don’t get the chance to explore their creative side in day-to-day life. We want to offer them a sophisticated, fun and totally fulfilling creative experience.”
Frui inspires guests through three key concepts:
1. A genuinely ‘under-the-skin’ cultural experience – the holidays are as much about food, wine and getting to know the locals as they are about the art
2. A high standard and style of accommodation – every guest has their own (not shared), high quality space to relax in
3. Tuition, companionship and support from acclaimed practitioners – Frui’s young, sociable guides and tutors are all experts in their own creative fields and have extensive teaching experience as well as a plethora of professional qualifications
Determined to revolutionise the creative holiday market in the UK, Henry Carroll and James Lockett’s own enthusiasm for foreign culture and creative passion firmly form the backbone of the Frui philosophy. James comments, “We’re confident that Frui will change the face of creative breaks and become a name synonymous with dynamic, youthful and unusual experiential holidays. Our aim is to become the leading tour operator in this sector.”
Frui’s creative holidays can be booked online now at http://www.frui.co.uk or by calling 020 7241 5006. Creative breaks currently available include:
- Photography in Abruzzo, Italy (5 days, £849, 20-24 May 2009 & 9-13 Jul & 9-13 Sep 2009)
- Gastronomy in Abruzzo, Italy (5 days, £949, 27-31 May & 30 Aug - 4 Sep 2009)
- Contemporary Painting in Abruzzo, Italy (6 days, £1099, 6-12 Jul 2009)
- Photography in Marrakech, Africa (9 days, £1500, 9-17 May & 31 Oct - 7 Nov 2009)
- Gastronomy in Marrakech, Africa (4 days, £749, 14-18 May 2009)
- Photography in Istria, Croatia (coming soon: Aug 2009, 7 days)
- Photography in Istanbul, Turkey (5-days, £1249, 18-22 Jun 2009)
Further destinations and subject areas will be added later this year.
For further information:
For all press enquiries, full itineraries and press trip information please contact Lesley Singleton at LS Media on 01234 752 663 / 07852 451 093 or email Lesley@lsmedia.co.uk.
Notes to editors:
Frui founders Henry Carroll and James Lockett are both available for interview. Please contact Lesley Singleton (Lesley@lsmedia.co.uk / 01234 752 663) for further information and biographies.
* All prices quoted are per person and include all expert tuition, luxury accommodation, excursions, local guides and most meals and drinks (excludes flights). There are no single person supplements, so the holidays are also ideal for independent/single travellers.
Frui takes over from Point101 Photography Holidays, which has successfully offered photography breaks to Abruzzo and Marrakech for the past three years.
‘Frui’ comes from the Latin, meaning “to enjoy or relish creative pursuit”.
Flights are not included as the destinations are serviced by low cost airlines and prices fluctuate depending on when the seats are booked. Guests can therefore source their own flights or ask Frui to assist with this at the time of booking the holiday.
Tutor for life:
Frui’s fresh-thinking extends after the holiday is over too. Every guest is given their own ‘tutor for life’, with access to Frui’s social networking group where they can ask a tutor for tips and advice to keep their creative juices flowing. This forum is also ideal for keeping in touch with other guests and prolonging the creative experience.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Playtime PR in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.