Online voting is now open for a national award scheme that celebrates the best activities for young children in the UK.
The 2009 What’s On 4 Little Ones Awards, sponsored by Organix Savoury Pots for Babies On The Move, are now in their third year.
From now until April 30, parents can now log onto the award-winning web directory at www.whatson4littleones.co.uk to vote for their favourite activities for under-fives.
The awards are divided into three categories: national, for activities that are available in more than one area of the UK; community, for activities that are based in one area of the UK, and a set of special awards.
Parents can vote online for the national awards. The other awards will be decided by a panel of three judges: Sam Willoughby owner of the website; Patricia Carswell, parenting journalist and founder of Coaching for Mothers; and Roberta Jerram, founder of Giant Potential Women in Business Network. Organix will judge the Food Hero award, which will be given to an individual who does their best to make sure children attending their activity eat the healthiest food possible.
The results of the awards will be announced live on air at digital online radio station mybabyradio.com on Tuesday June 17 from 2pm till 5pm during the Parent Show. And the community award winners will each receive £200 of products from Mini IQ, who produce fun, educational books, toys and games.
Every pre-school activity in the UK has the chance to be nominated and voted for, making the awards a true representation of how parents feel towards what is on offer for their little ones. There have already been more than 1,500 nominations for the awards. Last year’s awards saw more than 400 nominations and over 3,600 votes cast, from across the UK.
What’s On 4 Little Ones co-founder Sam Willoughby said: "I'm so excited about our 2009 Awards! I can't wait to receive the nominations as it's a privilege to read how the groups help parents.”
Sam, who was named Business Parent of the Year in 2007, added: “I also know how much the teachers and organisers value being nominated, they put a lot of heart and soul into their activities so it's such a great way for us all to say thank you.”
Anna Rosier, MD of Organix, said: “We are delighted to be sponsoring these great awards for the third year running. There are so many unsung heroes out there, working hard to help children get the best start in life – this is a fantastic way to reward them!
“At Organix we work very hard to create great quality food for little ones on the move, while What’s On 4 Little Ones is a one-stop shop for parents who want fabulous activities for their children – it’s a perfect combination and these awards are very important to us.”
Ian Sharland, director of Baby Sensory, said: “We were all delighted when Baby Sensory was announced as the winner of the Best Baby Development Class category in the 2008 What’s On 4 Little Ones Awards, we were even more thrilled to be commended in two other categories.
“The recognition by this leading baby activity website and their sponsors Organix was a boost to our company and to the team who run our classes throughout the UK. “
The full list of available awards this year is:
Best National Baby Development Activity
Best National Toddler Development Activity
Best National Pre-schooler Development Activity
Best Local Activity
The winners of the following 3 awards each win £200 of Mini IQ products
Most Outstanding Committee Lead Pre-School
Most Outstanding Baby and Toddler Group
Most Outstanding Community Group Volunteer
Best New Activity This award is for any activity that has been running less than 2 years.
Most Outstanding Activity Leader
Organix Food Hero Award This award is for an individual who goes the extra mile to provide children with healthy, appetising food.
For further information on the whatson4littleones 2009 award scheme, please contact Sam Willoughby on 05600 703224 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
- What’s On 4 Little Ones is an on-line directory that was set up in March 2006 to provide comprehensive and up to date details of classes and activities for babies and children under 5. What’s On 4 Little Ones receives 18,000 visitors a month and lists 12,000 activities for children across the UK. For more information see www.whatson4littleones.co.uk
- Organix is a pioneering food company, based in Dorset. It makes healthy, fun, organic foods to give babies and children the best start in life, and campaigns to improve the quality of children’s food. Organix was founded by Lizzie Vann in 1992. Her own experience of poor health in childhood left Lizzie with a passion for changing the children’s food industry so that parents have more choice to give their children high quality, nutritious, organic food.
From small beginnings, Organix is now a brand leader. Organix produced the first ever range of organic babyfood, while Organix Goodies, a range of fun, organic foods for children, are a healthy alternative to traditional snacks. Organix foods are available in specialist health food shops and all major supermarkets, offering parents a convenient choice to buy tasty, healthier, organic food. All Organix foods carry clear, honest labels and are backed by a No Junk Promise which guarantees the highest standards of purity and nutrition. For more information go to www.organix.com
- Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazine is Britain’s fastest growing parenting title. From pregnancy and birth to baby health and toddler development, Prima Baby & Pregnancy is the magazine for all your parenting needs. Visit www.babyexpert.com.
- Mini IQ helps parents find the right products to stimulate their child’s development through a range of exciting, interactive books, toys and games from birth to 12+. Their network of associates across the UK work on a flexible, part-time basis showing local parents the product range at home parties and events.
- Mybabyradio.com is a DIGITAL online radio station that broadcasts to the UK and the rest of the world, aimed at new parents and has a huge variety of weekly programming all about raising your children. With advice from experts about sleep routines, feeding, health and much more. The shows also feature real mums and dads, a Children’s Hour and specialist music shows to unwind and relax to.
- The winners can use the WO4LO awards logo on their website and other marketing material and they will each receive an awards certificate.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of www.whatson4littleones.co.uk in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.