Business Travel Show 2009
10 – 12 February 2009
bmi Stand Number: 429
bmi to go double daily between London Heathrow and Tel Aviv
• bmi to double services between London Heathrow and Tel Aviv
• Additional daily non-stop service from 30 March 2009 with connections from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Manchester, Belfast and Dublin
• Fully flat beds in Business Class and world leading Premium Economy with 50 inches of legroom on A330 aircraft from 3 May 2009
London, 10 February 2009: bmi, the business airline, has announced a second daily service between London Heathrow and Tel Aviv which will commence on 30 March 2009 on its A321 aircraft and will be upgraded onto its A330 aircraft from 3 May 2009.
Following high demand for its first daily service which launched last March, the additional flight will see bmi offer the first and last flight of the day from Tel Aviv to London Heathrow, offering greater flexibility and more convenient connections at both London Heathrow and Tel Aviv. Those travelling in Business Class can enjoy bmi’s complimentary Chauffeur Drive service at both ends of the route from the start of March; and a chef onboard and fully-flat beds with 82 inches of legroom from the introduction of bmi’s A330 aircraft from 3 May 2009. Customers looking for a premium experience at a value for money price can enjoy bmi’s market leading Premium Economy product, with Business Class-style seats and 50 inches of legroom in a separate cabin with a dedicated inflight team.
All bmi flights operate from London Heathrow Terminal 1 – the home of bmi. Online check in is available for all customers as well as membership of Diamond Club, the UK’s most generous freqeunt flyer programme, and bmi’s Company Rewards programme for SMEs.
Peter Spencer, managing director bmi commented: “Tel Aviv is one of our most successful routes and we are delighted to offer a second daily service. Since launching the route last year we have seen strong growth and know that by offering this extra return flight, we are giving our customers a real choice with greater flexibility especially for those connecting regionally from within the UK and/or flying onward to the USA.
Our A330 aircraft features an excellent Business Class service, including fully flat beds and complimentary Chauffeur Drive on selected fares as well as our world leading Premium Economy seats with 50 inches of legroom, 12 inches more than competitors. So customers can enjoy a premium travel experience and great value for money fares”
This announcement follows a series of market leading initiatives that has seen bmi become the first airline to abolish fuel surcharges on all flights to UK and European destinations. bmi was the first British airline to trial the OnAir service offering customers access to text messages and email and the first airline to offer paperless boarding on selected routes. Other recent news from bmi includes a new route to Kiev which will launch on 29 March 2009.
Note to editors:
• bmi will operate its double daily service on an A321 aircraft from 30 March with a two cabin configuration of 31 Business Class seats and 118 Economy seats
• From 3 May 2009 bmi will operate the route on its A330 aircraft with 18 Business Class fully-flat beds, 30 Premium Economy seats and 170 Economy seats
• Services from London Heathrow to Tel Aviv will operate twice daily with a morning service and an evening service
• Flight schedule (local times)
BD761 depart Heathrow 1115, arrive Tel Aviv 1805 (Mon-Sun)
BD762 depart Tel Aviv 0630, arrive Heathrow 1000 (Mon-Sun)
BD763 depart Heathrow 2155, arrive Tel Aviv 0445 (Mon-Sun)
BD764 depart Tel Aviv 1920 arrive Heathrow 2250(Mon-Sun)
• A321 fares start from £306 return for Economy including taxes and £781 return for Business Class; A330 fares from from £306 return for Economy, £699 return for Premium Economy and £799 return for Business Class.
• Complimentary Chauffeur Drive will be available at both ends of the route from March 2009 (currently available on bmi’s routes between London Heathrow and Moscow and Saudi Arabia) on selected Business Class fares only.
• bmi is the second largest airline at London Heathrow, one of the world’s leading international hub airports. Across its Heathrow and regional network, bmi operates 1,800 flights a week to: Aberdeen; Addis Ababa; Aleppo; Almaty; Amsterdam; Antigua; Baku; Barbados; Beirut; Belfast City; Bishkek; Brussels; Cairo; Cologne; Copenhagen; Damascus; Dammam; Dublin; Durham Tees Valley; East Midlands; Edinburgh; Esbjerg; Freetown; Glasgow; Groningen; Hanover; Jeddah; Khartoum; Kiev; Las Vegas; Leeds Bradford; London Heathrow; Lyon; Manchester; Moscow Domodedovo; Naples; Norwich; Palma Mallorca; Riyadh; Tbilisi; Tehran; Tel Aviv; Venice; Yerevan; Zurich.
• bmi is a member of Star Alliance, established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers worldwide reach and a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance received the Air Transport World Market Leadership Award in 2008 and was voted Best Airline Alliance by Business Traveller Magazine in 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and by Skytrax in 2003, 2005 and 2007. The members are Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, EGYPTAIR, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, THAI, United and US Airways. Regional member carriers Adria Airways (Slovenia), Blue1 (Finland) and Croatia Airlines enhance the global network. Air India, Brussels Airlines, Continental Airlines and TAM have been announced as future members. Overall, the Star Alliance network offers more than 16,500 daily flights to 912 destinations in 159 countries.
For further information, please contact the bmi press office:
Natalie Amos, Hayley Hope
+44 (0) 776 332 1692
+44 (0) 7971 411 471
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fly bmi in the following categories: Business & Finance, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.