Safe4Kidz – the Safer Internet you’d choose for your children
LIVERPOOL – 12th February 2009 - So Protect Me Limited (www.soprotectme.com) today announces Safe4Kidz, an innovative, easy to use, software product, specifically targeted at keeping children safe while they use their PCs and access the Internet. The child-friendly software program provides children with all the benefits of the Internet without leaving them vulnerable to the risks of the digital world and provides peace of mind for their parents.
The Safe4Kidz launch supports Safer Internet Day in Europe, now in its sixth year and aimed at raising awareness about safe and responsible use of new online technologies, especially among children and young people.
Hot on the heels of Gordon Brown’s 2012 broadband pledge, to give £300m to aid low income households in the UK to connect to the Internet at home, the initiative is a timely reminder for families to embrace online security and safety measures.
Raj Curwen, CEO of So Protect Me comments, “Safer Internet Day is an excellent initiative, now firmly established on the calendar. With more kids going online than ever before, the initiative provides practical online safety advice to young people and their parents. That’s a message we’re keen to support. With Safe4Kidz, our goal has been to produce a child-friendly approach to Internet safety which gives maximum protection, minimum disruption to normal PC use and near-zero effort to deploy and maintain”.
While surfing, Safe4Kidz provides access to great web content for study and leisure. Aimed at pre-teens, Safe4Kidz approved sites are perfect for Key Stage 1 (ages 4-7) and Key Stage 2 (aged 7-11) children. Family requests are encouraged and newly approved sites are included in online product updates. For ease of use, sites are categorised into topics such as English, Maths, Science, as well as leisure topics including Television, Film and Games.
Raj Curwen continued, “Safe4Kidz also blocks offensive words and terms in search results so you can let your children use Google and Wikipedia for example, without the fear of them stumbling across inappropriate pages. And with features such as time-based web and PC access, game and program controls, social network age-rated protection, credit card and shopping channel protections, etc, Safe4Kidz is an ideal safety choice for parents of pre-teens.”
- ends -
For further information on Safe4Kidz please contact Jackie Seear or Parm Evans at Verbal Communications on 0845 3730132 or 05603 128853
Notes to Editors:
Safe4Kidz has been designed with security at its core: expert reviewed content, data is 100% encrypted, bypass prevention built-in, configuration and uninstall protected.
• Protection is immediate without the need for setup or configuration
• Language filtering allows your child to “Google” unsupervised without the fear of offensive content
• Parents and children’s website recommendations incorporated after expert review
• Language filters block pages that use bad language or inappropriate terms
• Parents alerted to kids’ use of risky search terms which may indicate problems
• Default blocking of sites such as eBay, Amazon, Asos, etc where parent’s payment details may be held
• Default blocking of Social Network sites by age to prevent exposure to predators and inappropriate content
• Easily block applications and programs you don’t want your child to use, by picking from the list of installed programs
• Block credit card entry to avoid family fraud situations
• Built in protection against Proxy Server Redirection
• Have one setting for all your PCs or have different settings for different children
• Online monitoring of the sites visited and the sites blocked on the PCs in your Family Circle
• Works with Windows XP SP2 or above, Windows Vista and Internet Explorer
About So Protect Me
Founded in 2006, So Protect Me Limited is an established software company providing PC security software for the home and business markets. Based in Liverpool, the company supplies retail, etail, OEM and ISP channels and has ongoing activity in both the public and private sectors. The company’s products include: Safe4Kidz providing eSafety protection for pre-teen PC users; the Blocker Home Edition which provides simple and effective online protection for the whole family, offering peace of mind without the need for technical knowhow; the Blocker Business Edition provides simple and effective security methods to safeguard business productivity creating a trusted working environment for employees.
For further information visit: www.soprotectme.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Verbal Communications in the following categories: Home & Garden, Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.