A study commissioned by the UK’s leading recruitment scoring website has found that 1 in 5 British workers would rather have sex with their boss for a quick promotion than the drawn out process of working hard.
Research of 1,003 Brits, from the UK’s leading recruitment scoring website, has found that 1 in 5 would rather have sex with their boss for an instant promotion than spend months working hard to impress them, without the guarantee of receiving any form of recognition.
www.HireScores.com can reveal the underhand tactics people would use in order to get a promotion and according to almost 20%, Brits would rather have an instant promotion as a consequence of their skills in the bedroom than have to work hard to prove their skills in the office.
In addition to the 18% of Brits who would go as far as having sex with the boss rather than work hard for their promotion, 26% claim they would kiss the boss for an automatic promotion and 17% said they would consider it if the money was right.
Lisette Howlett, Managing Director of HireScores.com comments on these findings;
“Working your way up the career ladder can seem like a daunting task but with ambition and dedication, impressing your manager can come naturally, without the need for underhand tactics.
“If a little bit of commitment and some overtime puts people off that much, then maybe their current career path is not the right one for them.”
The results found that 39% of Brits would choose to work their way up the ladder by working hard, with long hours and no guarantee of a promotion or pay rise.
“Unfortunately it is also very common for people to work extremely hard to impress their manager but feel as though they aren’t being rewarded for their efforts. If this is the case I recommend arranging a meeting where you can discuss the potential for career progression.
“As an employee you have the right to know what career prospects the company has to offer you – and what skills and behaviours you need to demonstrate to ensure a successful career. Asking about career opportunities at interview is a first step but it is only once you are established in the role and company than you can really evaluate the opportunities and prepare yourself for success.”
*** ENDS ***
Further information about HireScores:
Emma Stockley, 10 Yetis PR
Tel: 01425 348 211
Note to Editors
- Hire Scores website is totally independent and not linked to a job board or recruiter which makes it ideally placed to provide such information
- Hire Scores is committed to fair feedback with checks and balances in place to support this
- Free to use for all with a strong and growing knowledge centre
- Lisette has over 20 years industry experience with such firms as ICI, Zeneca/AstraZeneca and Syngenta as well as local government and the public sector.
- Hire Scores is about creating a community in the recruitment and working space supported by a forum which uniquely seeks to bring together all the elements involved in recruitment and work – workers, recruitment agencies and their employees.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of 10 Yetis PR and Marketing in the following categories: Men's Interest, Women's Interest & Beauty, Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.