*Top tips unveiled for ensuring talking’s plain across the digital plane*
23 February 2009: A surge in videoconferencing bookings caused by companies cutting back on business travel has led to an increase in first-timers seeking tips for the perfect meeting, reports the Regus Group, operator of the world’s largest network of public access studios.
Hosting a videoconference at Regus reduces the average cost of business travel by 75%, making it a cost-effective alternative for companies cutting back on trips at home and abroad but still needing to conduct a meeting. As a result, videoconferencing bookings at Regus are up 40%.
This rise in popularity has led to an increase in customer queries as new users get to grips with VC for the first time. With the largest public Videoconference network in the world, Regus knows a thing or two about running an effective meeting.
It’s top tips are:
• What to wear – think of TV presenters. Remember, the camera can add a few pounds! Solid, mid-tone colours are most flattering and give the best impression.
• Sounds simple, but make sure you know how best to connect your PC, so you don’t fumble and make the wrong impression.
• Be natural – today’s technology easily picks up on normal conversational voice levels so there’s no need to shout.
• Use the audio-mute button especially if you need to whisper about the person on the other end or simply move coffee cups or papers around – tabletop microphones are especially good at picking up every sound.
• Keep the setting behind participants simple so as not to distract viewers from what’s important – the person who is talking.
• Turn off the microphone and power when the VC is complete – many embarrassing moments have been caused where participants forgot to switch off! You can only image.
Even the most experienced videoconference-goer occasionally needs help and not just with the technology. Regus teams are on hand to offer advice before, during and after each videoconference and bring delegates whatever they require, from providing refreshments to putting the final touches on a presentation.
Participants will get to grips with this perfect tool for making the most of a meeting, as more and more companies join the VC revolution.
About The Regus Group
The Regus Group is the world’s leading provider of pioneering workplace solutions, with products and services ranging from fully equipped serviced offices to professional meeting rooms, virtual offices, business lounges and the largest network of videoconferencing studios. The Regus Group delivers a new way to work, whether it’s from home, on the road or from an office. Clients such as Google, GlaxoSmithKline, IBM and Nokia join thousands of growing small and medium businesses that benefit from outsourcing their office and workplace needs to The Regus Group, allowing them to focus on their core business.
Over 400,000 clients a day benefit from Regus Group facilities spread across a global footprint of 1000 locations in 450 cities and 75 countries, which allows individuals and companies to work wherever, however and whenever they want to.
For more information, visit www.regus.co.uk.
The Regus Group
Lewis Woodward, Tel: +44-1932-895198, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Regus UK in the following categories: Business & Finance, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.