The countdown has begun until the doors open on the UK’s biggest ever cask beer festival.
More than 6,000 pubs will be staging events from 6-13 April as part of National Cask Ale Week; a celebration of the nation’s drink.
CAMRA’s chief executive, Mike Benner, said: “This is the first time that brewers and pub groups have come together to create one massive event in honour of cask beer. We want to celebrate this natural, hand crafted product that is unique to pubs and remind the great British public why cask beer is our national drink.
“There will be events for everyone from cask beer fans to cask beer virgins. Each beer has its own unique flavour, so there is something for every taste.”
Themes for the week include:
- Monday 6 April: National Beer Day – calling for the Government to recognise this as an official holiday
- Wednesday 8 April: FemALE Day – only 16% of women have tried cask beer, activities will take place to encourage female customers to sample Britain’s national drink
- Thursday 9 April: Introduce A Friend – the majority of cask beer virgins are introduced to cask beer by a friend. Through the power of social networking sites and celebrity ambassadors, we will be asking cask beer fans to introduce a friend
- Friday 10 / Saturday 11 April: Visit A Brewery – breweries from around the UK will be opening their doors to the public for behind the scenes tours and sampling
- Saturday 11 April at 7pm: World’s Biggest Toast! Help set a world record and raise a toast to cask beer
To find out more about National Cask Ale Week and what’s happening in your region visit www.caskaleweek.co.uk or join our Facebook fan page by searching National Cask Ale Week.
PHOTO / NEWS OPPORTUNITIES
Monday 6 April: Celebrity photocall at St Pancras, London (details to be announced)
Wednesday 8 April: FemALE Day: What makes the perfect pint for women – interview opportunities with the UK’s only female beer inspector, Annabel Smith and Marston’s head brewer Anna Gilleland
Thursday 9 April: Introduce A Friend – join our campaign and convert a colleague to the joys of cask beer. We can lend you support by arranging a suitable pub, providing a ‘beer’ expert such as a head brewer or Cask Marque beer inspector to help educate your friend’s taste buds.
Saturday 11 April at 7pm: World’s Biggest Toast! We need all the support we can get to galvanise the public to raise a toast to cask beer.
For further information please contact Chris Brown, Lucy Kemp or Jo Mathers at the National Cask Ale Week press office on 0121 616 5816 / 5800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Morris & Company in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.