Distribution delivery solutions provider develops new customer-focused applications to meet new market opportunities
Skillweb, a specialist in providing distribution and end to end delivery solutions, has appointed Joe Robinson as Business Development Manager. The new role has been created to focus on developing the specific market opportunities for Skillweb’s newly created off the shelf delivery and distribution products for key industries, including retail, air freight, parcel carriers and field service. Robinson brings over 25 years’ experience of the technology sector across telecoms, IT, mobile communications, internet and manufacturing to the position.
Prior to joining Skillweb, Robinson was Managing Director of Juwel (UK) Ltd, where he established and developed the business, creating a national sales and distribution network. He has also held senior and director positions with Logica, COLT Telecom and Liberty Surf, where he was a founder director. Robinson’s early career was with blue chip organisations, working for Cable and Wireless as a Major Account Manager and for Pitney Bowes in the sales division. Robinson is married with two children and lists many outdoor pursuits among his interests including; skiing, mountains and hiking, yacht racing and cycling.
Joe Robinson said; ”Throughout my career I have worked in service, IT and telecom companies, always with a focus on building business and developing new products and markets, evangelising the adoption of technology for working smarter, better and more profitably.
“I believe that intuitive communications technology in the palm of your hand is the path of the future. Skillweb is at the forefront of developing real solutions that address real business challenges efficiently and elegantly – and now is a very exciting time to be joining the company.”
Chris Wright, Managing Director and co-founder of Skillweb said, “We are delighted that Joe Robinson is joining us. We are successfully providing delivery solutions to many blue chip companies that support their business operations efficiently. We see significant growth opportunities for our new product solutions to meet the specific needs of specialist sectors. Joe’s experience in business management and commercial product development will be invaluable as we focus on developing our innovative, new customer applications for these markets.”
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 1999 Skillweb specialises in end-to-end distribution and delivery solutions, focusing on couriers, parcel carriers, distributors and field force engineers. Skillweb has successfully supplied its proven solutions to a number of blue chip companies including British Telecom, DHL, Lynx Express, United Cooperatives, Guernsey Post, Isle of Man Post Office and Air Products.
Based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, Skillweb provides one-stop business system integration services, including design, development, implementation and support.
Skillweb’s portfolio of products and services include:
• Proof of Delivery, electronic signature capture in real-time
• Individual consignment tracking; using barcodes, RFID and spatial positioning
• Geo-positioning and navigational aids for in-cab and back office use
• Deliveries, collections, returns and exception management
• Courier and driver web based management systems
• Electronic pre-advice receipting and route schedules / trip planning
• Physical receipting, sortation, put to lane, load and despatch
• Cross docking, yard management and depot operations
• Planned versus actual management reports; full web visibility
Typically Skillweb’s solutions deliver the following benefits:
• Reduced fuel costs using the Internet map based route scheduling solution
• Reduced running costs as utilisation of resources is improved
• Improved productivity as mobile solutions control and manage drivers
• Increased customer satisfaction as delivery success rates are improved
• Reduced time spent chasing errors as Skillweb’s solutions enable customers to elegantly recover from errors
Skillweb achieves this by working in partnership with customers, providing pay as you go managed software services.
Skillweb offers one stop shop services removing much of the hassle while integrating into the customers preferred way of working. For more details please visit: www.skillweb.co.uk.
Tel: 08700 707077
Andreina West/Mary Phillips
PR Artistry Ltd
Tel: 01491 639500
Fax: 01491 638866
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.