Bio-Fem’s nipple care range protects and conditions the nipples while nursing
Makers of a lanolin free moisturising balm and compress, which ease the pain and discomfort of sore nipples, are giving away free samples of its Instant Relief Compress in support of National Breastfeeding Awareness Week 2009.
More than half (52 per cent) of mothers in the UK have given up breastfeeding by the time their baby is six weeks old, yet the World Health Organisation recommends that infants should be exclusively breastfed for the first six months of life.
One of the reasons women give up breastfeeding is sore nipples. There are a number of causes of sore nipples, but taking steps to address them quickly can ensure that women breastfeed comfortably for longer.
Bio-Fem’s nipple care range protects and conditions the nipples while nursing, relieving the discomfort of swollen, sore and cracked nipples pre- and post-pregnancy. Bio-Fem nipple products are 100% natural, preservative and lanolin free. The products are therefore entirely safe for both mother and baby and do not need to be removed prior to breastfeeding.
Free samples of the lanolin and preservative-free Bio-Fem Compress are available to breastfeeding mothers, visit www.biofem.co.uk to request a free sample.
Bio-Fem Instant Relief Compress was awarded ‘Best of the Best’ in the TIPS Awards, as voted by independent parent testers.
E N D S
Notes to editors:
• The Bio-Fem Balm retails at £5.99 for 30ml and the Bio-Fem Compress is available from Boots in packs of 2, which retail at £1.99 and 12s, which retail at £9.99.
• The Bio-Fem range is based on Bio-Active Science, which works with the body to provide rapid, safe and effective benefits. A key ingredient of the range is 2QR, a patented extract of Aloe Barbadensis, which effectively blocks and neutralises harmful bacteria. Aloe Barbadensis has been used medicinally for over 3,000 years and is well known for soothing, cooling and moisturising properties.
• Bio-Fem Compress was awarded ‘Best of the Best’ and the Bio-Fem Moisturising Balm was declared ‘Highly Commended’ at the 2007-2009 TIPS Awards, as voted by independent parent testers.
• Other products in the Bio-Fem range are Active Gel, for vaginal discomforts and Moisturiser, for vaginal dryness. Information on all Bio-Fem products is available at www.biofem.co.uk
• Bio-Femis distributed by Passion for Life Healthcare, which manufactures and distributes innovative healthcare products worldwide. Other Passion for Life Healthcare, brands include; Audiclean, Peditech and Snoreeze, the market leader in snoring relief products.
• More information about Passion for Life Healthcare is available at www.passionforlife.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Raisbeck Public Relations in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.