Akashi-Tai Sake Brewery is organising London’s first Cherry Blossom Festival. Big in Japan, the UK version of “Hanami” celebrates the growth of Japanese culture in the capital, which now boasts well over 200 Japanese restaurants. The cherry blossom tree holds a prominent place in Japanese culture and tradition, and celebrations are taken seriously, with a strong emphasis on food and drink. The Akashi-Tai Cherry Blossom Festival will run from 15th April to 25th May 2009, inclusive. Full information on the Cherry Blossom Festival and these events can be found at www.akashi-tai.com/cbf
The restaurants taking part in the Cherry Blossom Festival have each created a limited edition dishes or complete menus to celebrate Hanami, reflecting traditional dishes served in restaurants throughout the season in Japan, and each dish has been paired to an Akashi-Tai Sake.
• Bincho, 16 Old Compton Street, W1 (020 7287 9111; www.bincho.co.uk)
• Me Love Sushi, 100 Avenue Road, Swiss Cottage, NW3 (08448 55 22 55; www,melovesushi.com)
• Saf, 152-154 Curtain Road, EC2 (020 7613 0007; www.safrestaurant.co.uk)
• Saki Bar & Food Emporium, 4 West Smithfield, EC1 (020 7489 7033; www.saki-food.com)
• Sushinho, 312 – 314 King’s Road, SW3 (020 7349 7496; www.sushinho.com)
• Tsuru, 4 Canvey Street, SE1 (020 7928 2228; www.tsuru-sushi.co.uk)
Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Cocktail
Akashi-Tai has created a Cherry Blossom Festival cocktail, the “Sakura” with its premium Shochu, Tokiwa. This will be served in restaurants participating in the festival, or can be made at home!
40ml Tokiwa Shochu
15ml lime juice
10ml sugar syrup
10ml cherry liquor
Stir well and pour into a Martini glass or small wine glass filled with ice
Top up gently with rosé wine (make a layer); Garnish with cherry blossom
Date: April 2009
Notes to editors:
For further information, including bottle shot photography and photography of the dishes, please contact:
M: 07930 416 353
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Relish PR in the following categories: Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.