London, 15 April 2009. According to United Planet, (www.unitedplanet.com), one of the leading developers of Enterprise Portal software in Europe, companies must adapt their business processes and internal communications systems to fight their way out of the recession.
Alexander Marsch, managing director, United Planet Ltd, argues that “Companies of all sizes must organize internal workflows in a more efficient and streamlined manner if they want to introduce time efficiencies, use company resources and personnel effectively and reduce error rates.”
“Many companies are struggling to survive in the current financial crisis because they are not adapting their modus operandi to address a new set of operational challenges,” he added. “Almost all professional processes and administrative activities can be carried out via automated processes, usually in a faster and more reliable manner. At a time when recruitment is out of the question, Enterprise Portals can offer a level of integration and workflow enhancements that can make a real difference to performance and business agility.”
According to United Planet, modern Enterprise Portals like the sector-neutral standard software Intrexx Xtreme enable companies to:
• Integrate business processes via a unified portal interface, centralising management and increasing workflow efficiency at the same time.
• Improve information management and reduce paper mountains by storing all information electronically in one location - making document storage, retrieval, sharing and maintenance across the team easy through the use of a standard interface.
• Manage individual access to information and allocate read/write permissions appropriate for every employee based on his or her job function. This way, the right information is provided to the right person, automatically.
• Set in place specific approval processes for newly created documents, across different departments and company locations, reducing the time normally spent on approval processes overall.
• Allow for centralized access to information in Lotus Notes or in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like SAP.
• Provide access to customer information directly from the portal instead of gathering important information from different systems, increasing the speed and efficiency with which the company can prepare for meetings with customers.
• Enhance customer communications by providing up-to-date information about orders and other service enquiries direct to the customer, delivering a level of customer service excellence that should help companies to retain and grow their customer base.
Further information about Intrexx Xtreme can be found at www.unitedplanet.com.
About United Planet
United Planet is one of the leading developers of Enterprise Portals in Europe. Its Java based, standard software, Intrexx Xtreme, enables companies to create out-of-the-box Enterprise Portals, Intranets and Web Applications cost effectively, without the need for programming by using ‘drag and drop’ technology and pre-created solutions for quality management, document management and process management to optimise internal workflow. Intrexx Xtreme runs on Windows as well as on Linux and Sun Solaris, and incorporates several Business Adapters to ensure that third-party data from Lotus Notes and other ERP solutions can be easily integrated in the Intrexx Portal. A special Business Adapter for MS Office also makes it possible to integrate and edit Microsoft Office Documents without the need for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS). United Planet is headquartered in Freiburg and also has offices in Windsor. The company is supported by over 100 Business Partners worldwide.
For further information, please contact:
T: 07515 632065
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Oxford Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.