London, 27 April 2009: bmi will introduce wide-bodied A330 aircraft on its Heathrow-Tel Aviv route this week, bringing customers a host of benefits for a more luxurious flight from 3 May 2009. Priced from just £334 return in Economy, £708 return in Premium Economy and £794 return in Business Class, the flights offer excellent value for money for travellers planning a visit to Israel.
Business Class customers can enjoy an onboard chef, freshly cooking their meals to order and fully-flat beds with 82 inches of legroom. Other benefits include bmi’s arrivals lounge at London Heathrow for those on the early morning flight from Tel Aviv and four complimentary Chauffeur Drive transfers for those on fully flexible fares. Those looking for a premium experience at a great price can take advantage of bmi’s market leading Premium Economy product offering wide comfortable seats and 50 inches of legroom (12 inches more than competitors) in a separate cabin with a dedicated inflight team.
With a number of festivals and events taking place across the summer to celebrate the city’s Centennial Year, now is the perfect time to visit Tel Aviv. From the annual White Night Celebration on the famous Rothschild Boulevard on 27 May which includes live music, dance and a stagecoach procession throughout the evening, as well as other summer events including a free outdoor production of Verdi's Requiem performed by the prestigious La Scala Opera House, Tel Aviv offers something for everyone.
bmi recently unveiled its new Premium Check-in area at London Heathrow’s Terminal 1 to provide a fast and hassle free check-in service for Business Class and Premium Economy customers as well as bmi Diamond Club Gold and Silver card holders.
bmi is the only airline at London Heathrow to offer Business Class customers a 30 minute check-in promise, enabling them to arrive at check-in as little as 30 minutes before their flight departs with the guarantee that they will make their flight. Premium leisure customers can also experience a more personal service when using the Premium Check-in area with bmi staff collecting luggage and travel documents from customers on arrival so that they can complete the check in formalities whilst they sit back and relax.
Customers can also extend their experience with bmi beyond the flight with complimentary Chauffeur Drive transfers. Available for customers travelling on our fully-flexible Business Class fares, the service offers convenient and comfortable transfers for business travellers. Up to four free transfers can be taken per flight with the service available at both ends of the route, with Silver E-Class Mercedes Benz (or equivalent vehicles) providing luxurious carriage to and from the airports.
bmi now offers double daily flights between London Heathrow and Tel Aviv following high demand for the first daily service which launched in March 2008. The additional flight provides greater flexibility and more convenient connections at both London Heathrow and Tel Aviv with the first and last flights of the day from Tel Aviv to London, so is ideal for those planning a short break, or business trip.
All bmi flights operate from London Heathrow Terminal 1 – the home of bmi. In addition to benefits including online check-in, travellers will also be able to take advantage of Diamond Club, the UK’s most generous frequent flyer programme, and bmi’s Company Rewards programme for SMEs (small and medium enterprises). Diamond Club destinations miles can be spent on flights with Star Alliance member airlines, hotel accommodation and on a range of gifts and treats.
This announcement follows a series of market leading initiatives that has seen bmi become the first airline to abolish fuel surcharges on all flights to UK and European destinations. bmi was the first British airline to trial the OnAir service offering customers inflight access to text messages and email and the first airline to offer paperless boarding on all its domestic UK routes.
Note to editors:
• Services from London Heathrow to Tel Aviv operate twice daily with a morning service and an evening service
• Flight schedule (local times)
BD761 depart Heathrow 1115, arrive Tel Aviv 1805 (Mon-Sun)
BD762 depart Tel Aviv 0630, arrive Heathrow 1000 (Mon-Sun)
BD763 depart Heathrow 2155, arrive Tel Aviv 0445 (Mon-Sun)
BD764 depart Tel Aviv 1920 arrive Heathrow 2250(Mon-Sun)
For further information, please contact Emma Robertson/Natalie Amos/ Hayley Hope/Lois Kettlewell at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0870 626 3141.
• The bmi 30 minute check-in promise means Business Class customers, with or without hold baggage, can arrive at check-in as little as 30 minutes before their flights and bmi promise they will still make their flight. By comparison in other Heathrow terminals passengers have to clear security at least 35 minutes before departure. This promise applies to all flights departing London Heathrow.
• bmi is the second largest airline at London Heathrow, one of the world’s leading international hub airports. Across its Heathrow and regional network, bmi operates 1,800 flights a week to: Aberdeen; Addis Ababa; Aleppo; Almaty; Amsterdam; Baku; Beirut; Belfast City; Bishkek; Brussels; Cairo; Cologne; Copenhagen; Damascus; Dammam; Dublin; East Midlands; Edinburgh; Esbjerg; Freetown; Glasgow; Groningen; Hanover; Jeddah; Khartoum; Kiev; Bradford; London Heathrow; Lyon; Manchester; Moscow Domodedovo; Naples; Norwich; Palma Mallorca; Riyadh; Tbilisi; Tehran; Tel Aviv; Venice; Yerevan; Zurich.
• bmi is a member of Star Alliance, established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers worldwide reach and a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance received the Air Transport World Market Leadership Award in 2008 and was voted Best Airline Alliance by Business Traveller Magazine in 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and by Skytrax in 2003, 2005 and 2007. The members are Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, EGYPTAIR, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, THAI, United and US Airways. Regional member carriers Adria Airways (Slovenia), Blue1 (Finland) and Croatia Airlines enhance the global network. Air India, Brussels Airlines, Continental Airlines and TAM have been announced as future members. Overall, the Star Alliance network offers more than 16,500 daily flights to 912 destinations in 159 countries.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fly bmi in the following categories: Business & Finance, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.