• Huge surge in ´holidaying at home´
• Brits set to go Ál Fresco´crazy
• Gardening looks set to be fastest growing summer activity
• Kids rule the garden as well as the roost!
Notcutts Garden Centres has just published the findings of new research which shows that Brits are deserting far-flung holiday destinations for their own back gardens! Talk of ‘above average temperatures’ in the coming months, the ‘expensive’ euro and a rediscovery of attractions closer to home, mean that record numbers of people will be dusting down their deckchairs, firing up the barbecue and enjoying some al fresco living right in their own homes this summer.
One in three of those surveyed said that they will be spending more time in their own gardens as part of their summer holiday this year...
Almost a third of people surveyed in the south said they aimed to ‘tighten their belts’ by spending more time in their own garden this summer, this feeling was reflected in the results of their Northern and Midland counterparts with 32 per cent and 31 per cent respectively, stating this. Those in the North East are the most likely to be making a change with 40 per cent of respondents planning to spend more time in their own garden, while those in the Yorks & Humber where shown to be the least effected with 23 per cent planning to make a change.
Sally Reed of Notcutts says of the research: ¨These findings back up our own hunches on the trend for creating a holiday experience closer to home this year, as we have seen an increase in outdoor living sales this spring. These days, it doesn´t have to cost a fortune to create the perfect get-away in your own garden.’
Notcutts has created six inspirational themes that cater for every taste – and budget, and has experts on hand in-store to help people put together their perfect summer garden, from plants to furniture and features. Notcutts garden themes include The Tropical Garden, The Entertaining Garden & The Market Garden.**
Top of the best-selling list so far this year is the phenomenally popular Kid’s Garden guaranteed to keep them entertained while their parents put their feet up! Select from garden games to get them active, animal shaped watering cans and brightly coloured tool sets to get them helping out and kids size monkey chairs and outdoor bean bags to relax on after a busy day of fun!
Al Fresco living wouldn’t be complete without a barbecue, giving men up and down the UK a chance to don an apron and prove that they can cook, as long as they have fire and a big pair of tongs! With barbecues at Notcutts ranging from a mouth-watering £24.99*** to state-of-the-art grills that would make a Michelin star chef proud, there’s something for everyone’s burger and to tickle everyone’s taste buds.
Outdoor Living is further enhanced this year as Britain goes Grow Your Own crazy. This year, there’s no excuse not to go from seed to barbecue, creating an experience the whole family can enjoy, as well as saving a fortune into the bargain!
For further information contact Louise Drewett on 020 7254 4336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors:
• Research was conducted by research agency ICM Research in April 2009 using a sample of 1000 people across the UK.
• Notcutts was founded in 1897 in Woodbridge, Suffolk and is the largest family owned business in the UK
• The Notcutts name has become synonymous with the highest quality plantsmanship and knowledgeable customer service.
• The 19 destination garden centres are situated in the South East at Bagshot, Booker, Cambridge, Cranleigh, Maidstone, Norwich, Oxford, Peterborough, St Albans, Solihulll, Staines, Tunbridge Wells, Woodbridge and in the North West at Ashton Park Garden Centre, Manchester, Dukeries Garden Centre & Wheatcroft Garden Centre, Nottinghamshire, Rivendell Garden Centre & Woodford Park Garden Centre, Cheshire and Victoria Garden Centre, Pontefract.
• ** The Notcutts garden themes for Summer 2009 are The Kids Garden, The Entertaining Garden, The Tropical Garden, The Contemporary Garden, The Market Garden & The Wildlife Garden.
• *** All prices subject to change.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Gabriel Communications (London) in the following categories: Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.