Improved reporting, better performance, more administrative control and more
Broomfield, Colo. – 5 May 2009 – eSoft, Inc., a leading network security company that provides integrated Internet security solutions, announced today the availability of an update to its InstaGate and ThreatWall appliances. The new features and changes were made as a direct result of customer feedback and customers’ requests for capabilities such as real-time mapping of threats, administrative override of web block pages, and more. eSoft has also bolstered performance and usability and added some security capabilities.
“This release is a direct response to current customer requests,” said Patrick Walsh, eSoft’s Director of Product Management and Marketing. “In addition to wanting more real-time features and reporting as well as the other capabilities we’ve added, eSoft understands some customers bought our appliances when 150,000 anti-virus signatures could keep a network protected. eSoft now has over 600,000 anti-virus signatures and has undertaken several projects to keep performance high while battling the exploding numbers of threats.”
Some of the new features and changes in this release include:
• Web Proxy Admin Override: Executives, administrators, and teachers have requested the ability to temporarily access blocked websites. With this release, common requests to administrators to add sites to a whitelist can now be handled directly by trusted users freeing up network administrators for more important tasks.
• Global Google Safe-Search Enforcement: eSoft’s support for optionally forcing all Google searches to be “safe” – automatically screening adult materials from searches – has now been extended to all of Google’s global properties.
• Sessions Based Authentication: In order to reduce the risk of cross site request forgery (XSRF) attacks against eSoft boxes, eSoft has changed its login mechanism from HTTP-based authentication to session-based authentication.
• Enhanced ThreatMap: eSoft’s ThreatMonitor dashboard provides an in-depth overview of what is happening on a network. As part of this dashboard eSoft’s ThreatMap, which displays the source of network attacks, has been enhanced to work in near real-time.
• Localisation Support (InstaGate only): Though it is sold in over two dozen countries, the InstaGate interface has remained in English only. With this release, Japanese language support is provided, and the ability for resellers to provide translations for other languages has also been added.
The new SiteFilter release is available immediately on eSoft InstaGate and ThreatWall appliances.
About eSoft, Inc.
eSoft, Inc. (www.esoft.com) is a leading network security company that provides comprehensive protection against dynamic, Internet-based email and web threats. eSoft’s industry-leading SiteFilter® technology provides the most comprehensive secure web filtering solution available, providing real-time categorisation and exploit detection of new websites and protection from Web 2.0 threats, phishing attacks, and malicious or infected websites. eSoft solutions protect millions of users in over 80 countries from the latest and most dangerous Internet threats.
Notes: eSoft, ThreatWall, InstaGate, ThreatPak, SoftPak and SoftPak Director are all trademarks of eSoft.
Tel: +44 (0)1296 394000
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Bratton PR (Middlesex) in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.