Single management interface simplifies administrative headaches; supports multiple hypervisors including VMware ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and Sun Solaris Zones
Buffalo Grove, IL, 5th May 2009 – Vizioncore Inc., the market leader in virtualization data protection and management solutions, today announced the launch of vControl, a multi-hypervisor virtual machine (VM) management tool that provides self-service provisioning, multi-VM control and task-based automation to reduce VM administration costs and improve consistency. vControl lets VM consumers build and deploy VMs for themselves, while providing administrators and datacenter managers with a single interface for task-based administration of VMs.
Supporting VMware ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and Sun Solaris Zones, and featuring out-of-the-box automation workflows, vControl offers users the power to dramatically reduce time wasted on unnecessary repetitive tasks across multiple platforms and to help reduce common administrative errors.
Key features of vControl include:
• Self-Service Provisioning – A web interface for consumers to build and deploy VMs for themselves through customizable VM templates, reducing administration time and errors without sacrificing control of the VM environment.
• Multi-VM Control – A browser-based interface that enables control of multiple platforms, including VMware ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and Sun Solaris Zones. Includes easy-to-trigger workflows providing task-based administration for multiple VMs, even simultaneously. This feature enables administrators to perform various actions for a single VM, or for multiple VMs to reduce time and effort.
• Task Automation – A system that provides out-of-the-box workflows and actions as well as a visual workflow editor to build new workflows, combine actions and incorporate home-grown scripts as well as a Web Services interface and SDK to enable integration to third party systems. This feature results in reduced administration costs by automating manual and repetitive tasks, while freeing up administrators to perform more valuable tasks.
• Task-Based High Availability (HA) – A simple solution for VM HA failover, both primary and secondary, and rapid VM recovery. Administrators can provide unlimited HA support for unlimited VMs in their environment, thus reducing costs while improving uptime. Additionally, vControl provides mixed infrastructure failover for ESX/ESXi environments. Further, vControl’s workflows are customizable by anyone possessing administration skills unlike many products that require Java and XML expertise.
• Virtual Infrastructure Discovery – Discovers hosts and VMs that exist within an identified IP range, helping administrators quickly identify and include infrastructure resources. Benefits include reduced configuration and setup times while preventing omissions of virtual infrastructure.
“With the introduction of vControl, Vizioncore is taking further steps towards creating a portfolio of multi-platform and automation-enhanced VM management tools at the leading edge of virtualization,” said Chris Akerberg, President and Chief Operating Officer, Vizioncore. “To further meet demand from our customers for products that support offerings from VMware, Microsoft, Citrix and Sun, we have worked hard to create a product that not only supports multi-hypervisor environments, but also equips administrators with time-and money-saving functionality to foster standardization and consistency in the virtual environment, thereby reducing errors and potential problems. Like all Vizioncore products, vControl takes virtualization to the next level, solving real-world problems and generating almost instant ROI for users.”
“Virtualization and Infrastructure Cloud Computing offer IT departments the ability to provide a flexible and cost effective platform from which to deliver its services to the organization,” explained Roy Illsley, Senior Research Analyst, at Butler Group. “However these technologies are still maturing and are characterized as being very vendor specific in their management approach and require specialist skills to operate, which introduces a layer of complexity, as well as increased workload for IT administrators. Butler Group believes that by using task-level automation these complex, yet repetitive operations can be performed more reliably and drive greater efficiencies by enabling IT staff to be focused on more value-added activities, and not Run The Business (RTB) activities.”
“Having recently joined the Early Access Program (EAP) for vControl I can clearly see an immediate ROI with the reduction of resources required for VM provisioning,” said John Harrington, Windows/AD Manager at Allied Irish Bank. “When compared with other market alternatives we’ve seen for virtualization automation, vControl provides a more intuitive approach to using and customizing workflows while offering faster time-to-value.”
vControl is available now through Vizioncore partners and resellers at www.vizioncore.com, priced at $399.00 USD per socket. In addition to being sold stand-alone, vControl is also available as part of Vizioncore’s vEssentials bundle.
Trials of vControl are also available at www.vizioncore.com available for 30 days.
About Vizioncore Inc.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Buffalo Grove, IL, Vizioncore Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of Quest Software. The company has operations in the Americas, EMEA, Asia and Australia. As a leader in virtualization data protection and management solutions, Vizioncore’s products help customers safeguard and optimize their IT systems while allowing them to extract the maximum return on their investment in virtualization. Vizioncore’s products are built from the ground up to support virtual environments with none of the legacy encumbrances of products built for physical servers. Over 15,000 organizations around the world, from SMBs to large-scale enterprises, use Vizioncore’s products. Vizioncore operates independently and distributes its products through an extended partner network of 2,200 value-added resellers worldwide. For more information please visit www.vizioncore.com or www.vizioncorum.com , Vizioncore’s official blogging site.
Tel.: +44 (0) 208 382 4091
Tel.: +44 (0)7710 633488
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of AxiCom in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.