Eric Frenchman, Chief Internet Strategist for online political agency Connell Donatelli, was heavily involved in the 2008 US Presidential campaign and will be opening the 6th annual Econsultancy Future of Digital Marketing conference with a keynote on his experience. Despite being on the ‘losing’ side (working as online consultant to John McCain), he scored many online victories (e.g. in search marketing, see WSJ article)and is widely recognised as a leading practitioner and thought leader in the field of political marketing online.
“We believe there are lessons for us all here in terms of cause-related marketing and the use of progressive marketing techniques,” said Ashley Friedlein, CEO of Econsultancy, the leading source of independent research and guidance on best practice online marketing and e-commerce. “Eric has never spoken in the UK or Europe before so we're delighted he’s coming over to share his insight into social media, political marketing and beyond.”
The Future of Digital Marketing 2009 examines the emerging ideas and opportunities that will break over the next 6-18 months – far enough out to show significant changes but close enough that you need to act now to prepare. Trends that are expected to be covered this year include:
* Making sense of social media, while avoiding the bandwagon
* Consumers own your brand, so what are you going to do about it?
* Mobile internet finally comes of age – planning for the future
* Site optimisation and how technology can boost conversion rates
* Why you need Twitter and why it beats email, Facebook and Google
* Behavioural targeting - the possibilities and pitfalls
* The age of customer retention - the new look of loyalty
* Universal search and the types of content your business needs
* Innovations heading your way - and what should you be doing about it now?
During four industry-based panel sessions - Retail, Publishing, Financial Services and Travel & Leisure - 16 leading digital marketers will share their vision on the future of digital marketing.
* Matt Reid, Head of eMarketing, Abbey
* Mark Kelleher, Head of CRM and Head of Marketing Technology, BBC
* Kieron Smith, Managing Director, The Book Depository
* Graham Ruddick, Digital Marketing Director, EMAP Inform Digital
* Louise White, Group Marketing Director, Incisive Media
* Simon Joseph, Head of Ecommerce, Jessops Plc
* Jonathan MacDonald, CEO, Jonathan MacDonald Associates
* Marko Balabanovic, Head of Innovation, lastminute.com
* Guy Hipwell, Managing Director, Liberty.co.uk, and Supply Chain Director, Liberty PLC
* Jason Bacon, Head of Digital Marketing, LloydsTSB
* David Kelly, CEO and Co-founder, mydeco
* Nick Wray, UK Managing Director, Quirk eMarketing
* Hitesh Bhatt, Head of Digital Marketing, RBS Insurance
* Barry Smith, Co-founder & Director, Skyscanner.net
* Mirko Behnert, Director Marketing, Analytics and Corporate Development, Venere.com
* Christophe Langlois, Founder & CEO, Visible Media
Ian Jindal, Editor-in-Chief of Internet Retailing magazine, is a highly respected figure in e-commerce and publishing, and will be providing an insightful and engaging closing keynote. This is followed by an evening networking reception.
The Future of Digital Marketing attracts top practitioners from across the digital marketing and e-commerce spectrum, including heads of digital marketing, e-commerce, CRM, web and brand communications. Delegates registered to attend this year include: HBOS, Barbican Centre, Cancer Research UK, McCann Erickson, Philips, Oxfam and AXA PPP Healthcare, dgm, LBi, London Business School and Boden.
The Future of Digital Marketing 2009 takes place at Congress Centre, London on 17 June. Tickets for the one-day conference and evening networking reception are priced at £297 (for Econsultancy members) and £330 for non-members.
Further information is available at http://econsultancy.com/events/future-of-digital-marketing.
-- Ends --
Ashley Friedlein, CEO and Co-Founder, Econsultancy
ashley.friedlein @ econsultancy.com
t: 020 7681 4052
Clare Laurie, Marketing Manager, Econsultancy
clare.laurie @ econsultancy.com
t: 020 7681 4052
Econsultancy is a community where the world’s digital marketing and e-commerce professionals meet to sharpen their strategy, source suppliers, get quick answers, compare notes, help each other out and discover how to do everything better online. Founded in 1999, Econsultancy has grown to become the leading source of independent advice and insight on digital marketing and e-commerce. Best practice reports and how-to guides, events, online resources and training programmes help our 80,000+ members make better decisions, build business cases, find the best suppliers, look smart in meetings and accelerate their careers.
Econsultancy.com receives 180,000 unique users per month. Econsultancy has recently been shortlisted in two categories of the PPA Awards 2009: "Business Website of the Year" and "Publisher with turnover under £5m". They have also been shortlisted in the “Specialist Digital Publisher” category of the AOP Awards 2009.
Visit http://econsultancy.com for more information.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Econsultancy in the following categories: Media & Marketing, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.