Take one teatime TV talk show presenter, an MP, a radio DJ, dancers, celebrities and actors, throw in some sequins and glitter and add a bra or 15,000, and what do you get? It can only mean one thing – The Playtex MoonWalk London is happening from midnight this Saturday (16th May) in London.
Celebrities, real women and a number of men will be walking the walk throughout the night to raise funds for vital breast cancer charities. Paul O’Grady, Sara Cox, Kate Magowan and Erin Boag from Strictly Come Dancing fame will be amongst the famous and the not-so-famous feet pounding the streets of London from midnight on Saturday.
Nina Barough, the Founder and Chief Executive of the charity comments:
“For fun this year’s theme is ‘Strictly Walking’ so we are expecting the glitz, the glamour and the sequins of the ballroom to be transported to the streets of London. The Playtex MoonWalk has continually grown over the years and we want to generate as much support and encouragement for the walkers as possible. Walk the Walk is not just about walking, it’s about life, and we hope to make history once again in 2009 by raising more money than ever before.”
Last year the event raised over £6 million for Walk the Walk, the grant making health charity behind the event which raises vital funds for breast cancer causes and encourages people to get fitter and healthier. Walk the Walk is currently making grants to support research and our future, but also towards equipment and facilities for people that have cancer now. Apart from raising money, Walk the Walk is also passionate about encouraging women and men take control of their own wellbeing.
- ENDS -
Notes to editor:
For further information, case studies, spokespeople and photography:
Gemma Boyland or Melita Swan at Bray Leino T: 0117 973 1173
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
About Walk the Walk
• Nina Barough, Founder and Chief Executive set up and now runs the grant making, health charity Walk the Walk Worldwide
• Walk the Walk organises The Playtex MoonWalk, The MoonWalk Edinburgh and The SunWalks in Bristol and Newcastle, as well as coordinating teams of women all over the world to Power Walk marathons in their bras
• HRH Prince Charles is the Official Patron of Walk the Walk Worldwide
• For more information on Walk the Walk Worldwide, go to www.walkthewalk.org or write to Walk the Walk Worldwide, Brook House, 88-100 Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey. GU21 5BJ
• Walk the Walk has raised in excess of £48.5 million to date for vital breast cancer causes
Walk the Walk’s 2009 calendar includes:
• MoonWalk London - Sat 16th May
• MoonWalk Edinburgh - Sat 20th June
• SunWalk Bristol - Sun 5th July
• SunWalk Newcastle - Sun 19th July
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Bray Leino in the following categories: Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Travel, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.