- New infrastructure management solution to assist small companies to large enterprises manage data centre operating costs -
London, UK, 19 May 2009 – Raritan, a specialist in data centre efficiency and productivity gained by energy management, server access and control, today announced the availability of dcTrack; a new data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) solution that will help reduce data centre operating costs by improving data centre information management.
dcTrack provides a cost effective single package of DCIM tools for all sizes of Data Centres from smaller companies to large enterprises. dcTrack gives data centre managers an accurate view of their infrastructure (power systems, cabling etc.) and IT assets such as servers, blades, virtual servers, applications, IP addresses and cabling in one unified application.
dcTrack includes real-time, in-depth monitoring of power consumption, heat dissipation (temperature profiles), raised floor space and rack elevations. This helps users to reduce energy costs and manage consumption in line with corporate sustainability objectives. It can also reduce capital expenditure with better utilisation of assets enabling more accurate capacity planning and improved power infrastructure provisioning.
"dcTrack allows all data centre infrastructure and assets to be managed centrally, enabling customers to take a more proactive approach to data centre management and to reduce management costs," said Andrew Gibson at Raritan. "With live monitoring of power systems such as UPS’s, distribution boards and power strips, dcTrack also helps enterprises to gain better control over their energy consumption and carbon footprint, a crucial requirement for any organisation committed to environmental sustainability."
The solution is ideal for all size data centres as it has been designed for simple self management with access to the libraries for making changes and additions, SNMP configuration etc. This makes it easy to adapt to any type of IT facility and there are no restrictions on the number of locations or rooms that can be added and managed:
• Data Centre Visualisation: Visualise AutoCAD® floor plan drawings in real time without the need for an AutoCAD license or software. Changes made to AutoCAD floor plans are immediately visible in dcTrack
• Multi Data Centre Support: Management of multiple data centre sites regardless of their geographic locations
• Data Centre Asset Management:
• IP and Network Management : Management of logical relationships and connections between servers and network switches based on IP subnet addresses
• SNMP Auto-Discovery: Auto-discovery of dynamic server attributes such as processors, memory, disk utilisation, processes and applications as well as IP and MAC® addresses
• Servers and Host Devices: Tracking and visualisation
• Power and Environmental Management
• Data Cabling: Tracking and virtual management of any cable infrastructure topology
• Data and Power Connectivity
• Change Management: Maintenance of best practices and improve operational efficiencies by using a well-defined change management process
• Bespoke Administration features
Pricing and Availability
Starting price from: £9,000
Available through Raritan’s PowerAdvantage partners
Please contact Raritan directly for more information on: +44 (0)20 7090 1390
Raritan provides secure IT infrastructure management solutions that increase data centre efficiency and productivity by delivering integrated in-band and out-of-band energy management, server access and control. Raritan's power management software, intelligent PDU, environmental sensors, KVM, serial console and centralised management products are in use in more than 50,000 locations worldwide. Raritan's OEM division provides embedded hardware and firmware for server and client management, including intelligent energy management, KVM over IP, IPMI and other industry standards-based management applications. Based in Somerset, N.J., Raritan has offices worldwide serving 76 countries.
For more information, please visit www.Raritan.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Prompt Communications for Raritan
Ellie Turner or Melanie Hesketh
+44 208 996 1650 / +44 7793 403 692
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Prompt Communications Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.