FindaTVexpert.com is expanding its service to help journalists with their search for case studies - in addition to their search for experts.
“The experts on findaTVexpert are currently contacted by members of the media - TV, Radio and print journalists - to comment on a subject relating to their expertise. But they also have fascinating back stories which journalists might be interested in for features and case studies. And if that’s the case, I’d be happy to help journalists find them because I speak to experts every day of the week and can offer suggestions, angles and ideas,“ says Claire Richmond, ex TV producer and founder of findaTVexpert.com.
The back stories of the experts on findaTVexpert.com are as varied and interesting as their areas of expertise. There are stories of triumph over tragedy, stories which you couldn't make up and stories of unusual hobbies and fears. For example:
- Dr Manjir Samanta-Laughton has an irrational fear of embroidery. Dr Manjir is a Science, Spirituality & Black Holes Expert.
- Gillian Kavanagh used aromatherapy to get through early menopause at the age of 37, stress, depression and a brother’s suicide. So when she was made redundant from her job as a Retail Buyer, she decided to retrain and follow her dream. Gillian is now an Aromatherapy & Wellbeing Expert.
- Liz Shankland is a fashion & beauty writer and celebrity interviewer who sold her designer clothes on Ebay and bought a farm in Wales. Liz is now a Farmer, Agricultural Advisor & Pig Breeder.
- Tim Bean was so overweight his doctors told him he wouldn’t live to see the age of 30. Tim is now a Physique Specialist.
- Guy Watson starts each day with a 5 minutes session on a tightrope in his garden to help him clear his head and focus his mind. Guy’s an Organic Farmer.
- Penny Mallory was a tearaway child who left home at the age of 14 because of a family breakdown. She spent 18 months in homeless hostels and her life was spiralling out of control. Penny is now a TV presenter and Motoring/Rally Driving Expert & Motivational Coach.
- Sarah Main fronts a soul covers band. When she’s not singing, Sarah’s working as a Molecular Scientist.
- Jessica Robbins used to be a size 24 and suffer from depression, chronic back pain and endometriosis. Jessica is now a Transformational Coach who helps people change their lives around.
- Amar Latif had lost 95% of his sight by the age of 20. But that didn’t stop him from setting up a business that gives blind people the chance to ‘see’ the world. Amar is a Blind World Travel Entrepreneur.
- Kit Hammond is a miracle cancer survivor who went bald five times courtesy of chemotherapy. Kit is now a Laughter Coach.
- Jackie Dunn beat her battle with breast cancer at the age of 51 and is now living her life to the full. Jackie’s a Financial Life Coach.
- Joe Craig is banana-phobic. He’s also training for the World Snooker Championships in 2015. Joe is a Literary Expert & Children’s Author.
- Dean Hodgkin would take up ballet if he had the chance to re-live his childhood. Dean is a Fitness & Weight Loss Expert.
- Linda MacDonald-Brown spends a fortune on expensive face creams and has only just stopped biting her nails after 30 years. Linda's a Rare Pig Breeder and Pig Keeping Consultant
- Lucy Wyndham-Read lost her fiancé – and childhood sweetheart - in Northern Ireland at the age of 22. It still affects her today and she struggles to commit. Lucy is an Ex Army Celebrity Trainer & Author, who has written 3 books despite being dyslexic.
Journalists looking for case studies can call Claire on 020 8742 2541 or email her on Claire@findaTVexpert.com. And if journalists are looking for experts to comment on a specific subject, they can register for free on findaTVexpert.com as a member of the media, do a search for the experts they’re looking for and contact them directly.
“This is a service which benefits everyone. It saves journalists time and it gives experts the opportunity to be featured in the press, which in turn increases their chances of being spotted by a TV researcher or development producer on the hunt for new ideas, studio guests, etc. It's a true win-win situation,“ added Richmond.
For more information:
20 8742 2541
Note to editors:
findaTVexpert.com was set up by Claire Richmond, a TV producer with 15 years experience making & developing programmes and looking for experts. It’s designed to give experts who want to be considered for TV&Media opportunities the chance to showcase their skills and the projects they’re working on to the media - and members of the media a fast & easy way of finding experts to comment on a subject or be part of a show.
Everyone with the skills, training and qualifications to prove they’re an expert in their field of business can register on findaTVexpert.com. From art therapists to zoologists and all the experts in between - forensic scientists, vicars, personal finance advisers, marine biologists, dentists, detectives, designers, businessmen, tradesmen, etc – because you never know what the industry will be looking for next.
Experts pay £100 p/year to register their details (plus a one off £50 joining fee). Members of the media register and search the site for free.
FindaTVexpert is not an agent and doesn’t get involved with fees, contracts and negotiations. If experts have what the media is looking, for they contact them directly. It's as simple as that, and it's working.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of findaTVexpert.com in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Sport, Food & Drink, Travel, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Farming & Animals, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.