Northgate Public Services, a leading provider of innovative services to the public sector and utilities markets, and Cubicspace, a leading technology developer specialising in 3D interactive real-time solutions and services, today announce that they have joined forces to deliver a leading-edge solution for the emergency services when dealing with critical incidents and major events.
Under a rolling framework agreement, the partnership will provide emergency services with a unique 3D real time interactive information management solution to support the Gold and Silver Command Functions set up for critical or major incidents and events.
Running alongside existing systems used by the emergency services - including Command and Control, HOLMES2, and communications infrastructure –Northgate’s EIMS (Event and Incident Management System) brings critical information together and presents it to emergency services planners in a concise, relevant and consistent way. This can be easily interpreted by Incident Commanders when under pressure managing an incident or planning for a major event. Information and decisions taken at Gold Command are immediately available to the Silver Commands and vice-versa. EIMS draws information directly from in-house IT systems such as Command and Control, Mobile Data, Human Resources, as well as manually entered information.
The new partnership will enable emergency services to have state-of-the-art optimised and, if required, locally verified digital 3D models built to work within EIMS. Using the new system:
• users are able to convey complex instructions and briefings visually to everyone involved by interactively moving around within the lifelike model;
• potential problems and possible solutions can be tested during the planning stage of an event without affecting the safety of the public and emergency services workers;
• more can be achieved within a shorter timeframe through interactive collaboration either locally or online with specialist colleagues and the community.
The system enables emergency services not only to plan more effectively and efficiently, but also helps them to significantly reduce their carbon footprint, as users no longer need to travel as often to event sites in the planning stages.
Ian Blackhurst, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services said today: “The challenges and pressures on our emergency services are unprecedented. We are committed to working with them to develop effective and efficient solutions at a time of economic constraint. We are delighted to be working with Cubicspace and believe that this partnership will provide an essential service to emergency services in years to come.”
Steven Markham, CEO Cubicspace, said: “We are thrilled to be working with Northgate. The company has both depth and breadth in working with the emergency services and is committed to innovative solutions in public safety. We believe that this a perfect match for our core specialism in 3D interactive realtime and model development services, and that the emergency services will reap the benefits in improved planning and communications.”
For more information contact:
+44 (0)20 7395 1516; +44 (0)7966 890401 (m)
+44 (0)20 7395 1518; +44 (0)7949 421356 (m)
Notes to editors:
1. Northgate Public Services is an innovative provider of innovative services to the public sector and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings. Founded in 1969, the company has nearly 8,000 employees. In the UK, Northgate Public Services works with four out of five local authorities and every police force. Northgate supports public service transformation through sustainable performance partnerships. Its technology is used in the administration of more than £12 billion of revenues and benefits; in the management of over 40 per cent of local authority social care records; in electoral administration systems covering 18 million people; to support the national system for reporting police performance; and in the management of over three million local authority and housing association properties worldwide.
2. Founded in 1997, Cubicspace continues to be a leading technology developer, specialising in 3D and real-time solutions and services for Public Safety, Architecture and Retail. A certified Autodesk developer and partner, their rtre™ solution for 3ds max was awarded a perfect review score of 10/10. Cubicspace and London’s Metropolitan Police Service worked together to develop an innovative 3D real-time software solution used in the Inquest into the Death of Diana, Princess of Wales at Royal Courts of Justice, London, UK,
3. In a first for Cubicspace, their latest tools and services are being made available through Northgate Public Services, both directly and via Catalist. Cubicspace realtime, an enhanced and optimised extension to their award-winning 3D interactive real-time solutions is to be licensed and embedded within Northgate’s solutions. Cubicspace Visualisation Services will also be available through Northgate.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Sport, Consumer Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.