2 June 2009: Texas Chicken®, an international brand of Atlanta-based Church’s Chicken® and the world’s third-largest quick service chicken restaurant chain, will expand it’s portfolio of restaurants in the UK when it opens new locations in Walsall and Huddersfield this quarter.
The company opened its first restaurant in the UK in February 2008, as part of its drive to enter new markets in Europe and to provide customers with a much-needed value alternative to KFC. This value offering is one of the factors that is enabling Texas Chicken to experience its seventh consecutive year of positive same store sales.
Texas Chicken recognises the impact the credit crunch is having on the UK's dining habits, as more people choose to eat value meals, rather than face an expensive bill at a high-end restaurant. Speaking about the impact of the brand’s value offering in his local community, Rab Nawaz, Texas Chicken’s franchisee in Huddersfield said: “Having lived in Huddersfield all my life, I have watched the town grow and realised there was a need for a restaurant that offered the customer great food at a great price.
“Right now, we are all watching our budgets, and we are happy that our restaurant will be a place that the people of Huddersfield can visit and know they are getting real value for the money. In addition, I am pleased to be helping the local economy by creating new jobs in the community.”
Texas Chicken’s commitment to increased presence in the UK will enable the company to expand upon its existing 1,650 restaurant locations in 21 countries. The company plans to open 10 restaurants this year with an additional 50 committed for 2010 and beyond.
“As we grow, we remain committed to putting care and attention in preparing our food – we love introducing our freshly prepared chicken to new communities across the country,” said Harsha V.Agadi, CEO of Church’s Chicken. “This works in tandem with our other key priority, which is to maintain the highest standards of food quality, exemplified through our home-style fried chicken that is freshly prepared with a unique crunch and accompanied with our signature side items.”
Texas Chicken utilises its own franchising model to expand its UK operation, which enables each franchisee to operate a single or multiple restaurant locations.
Notes to Editors:
1. Texas Chicken is a global chain of fried chicken fast food with over 1,650 locations worldwide in 21 countries, and system sales exceeding £800 million.
2. Texas Chicken’s Restaurants are already operating in the following areas: Nottingham, Northampton, Leytonstone, Bolton, Bristol, Holloway Road, and Luton.
3. Texas Chicken began expanding internationally in 1979. Today, it is one of the largest quick-service chicken concepts in the world.
4. Founded in San Antonio, Texas, in 1952, the company operates globally two brands of fried chicken: In the Americas the brand operates under Church's Chicken® while in the rest of the world it operates mostly as Texas Chicken.
5. Texas Chicken is owned by Arcapita, Inc. Arcapita, established in 1997 as investment firm, operates two brands of fried chicken: Texas Chicken and Church’s Chicken. The company has branches in Bahrain, Atlanta, London and Singapore.
6. Individuals who are interested in becoming franchisees should contact Ketan Patel on 07827 927 127.
For more information or images to accompany this story please contact:
Bright Star Public Relations
Tel: 020 3212 2152
Mobile: 07958 044 321
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Bright Star Public Relations in the following categories: Food & Drink, Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.