IT’S OFFICIAL: WOMEN ARE “HANDBAG HOARDERS”
New research has confirmed what most of us have suspected for years: that the fairer sex amongst us are hoarding endless items in their handbags on a daily basis – as many as 63 different objects, according to Kleenex® Collection pocket packs.
Other than the usual suspects, such as purses and keys, there were a few unusual objects in the handbag mix, like detachable car CD players and screwdrivers for repairing glasses.
Despite this, 92% of these items weren’t seen as being useful by the 1,300 women surveyed and over half of respondents (57%) admitted they only use 1-5 of those items on a regular basis. The same five items were also voted the most useful: purse, keys, phone, pack of tissues and a pen and notebook – all of which featured higher than makeup.
TV psychologist Anjula Mutanda comments: “This research shows that whilst we recognise that we don’t need all these things cluttering up our handbags we do still tend to cling on to objects “just in case” – we are nurturers by nature and therefore prepare accordingly. All we really need though is just five essential items, as identified in the research, that will actually have a use on a day-to-day basis when we are out and about
“What is interesting, however, is that it’s clear from the research that today’s women are demanding both fashion and function from their handbags and the products they put in them. That suggests that we’re unwilling to compromise – basically we want it all in one handbag fix: stylish must-haves that are also useful.”
This notion is confirmed by the fact that over half (51%) of women said they wouldn’t buy something just because it looks good and a further 1 in 5 said that they liked to buy things that look stylish.
Anjula’s top tips on de-cluttering your handbag
• Choose a bag that fits with your lifestyle and with what you need, nothing much more
• Clear out your handbag when you get in every night to rid it of those unnecessary items – only carry the essentials
• Choose a purse that does the job and no more – you don’t need a brick!
• Kick out unnecessary keys and hefty key chains
• Try weighing your things to see how realistic you are being. If they are too heavy then you could consider using compact versions wherever possible: smaller purses, a smaller notebook, a mini-sized pocket pack of tissues etc
• Stocked in Boots & Superdrug nationwide
• Available in Sainsbury’s from July 1st
- KLEENEX® is the number one tissue brand in the UK
- It has a 46.5% value share of the market
- KLEENEX® has driven all the major innovations such as KLEENEX® Anti-Viral, KLEENEX® Ultra Soft, KLEENEX® Balsam, KLEENEX® pocket packs
- Three packs of KLEENEX® are sold every second in the UK (AC Nielsen, 2007)
- The KLEENEX® brand in the UK was the first of Kimberly-Clark’s global product ranges to become Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) accredited with the FSC logo showing on packs (January 2008)
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people--nearly a quarter of the world's population--trust K-C's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well being. With brands such as KLEENEX®, Andrex®, Huggies®, Pull-Ups®, Kotex® and Depend®, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 135-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.
As a leading health and hygiene company, Kimberly-Clark has years of experience in educating professionals and families about good hygiene practise, whether it be through Infection Control nurses in Hospitals, through Contract Cleaners in an industrial setting or through the work it does with retailers and consumers.
For further information/ Handbag typologies/ Images – please contact:
Helen Shepherd or Gemma Irvine at Mandate Communications on 020 3128 8131/ 8100 or Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MHP Communications (Mandate, Hogarth & Penrose) in the following categories: Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Travel, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.