Releases vOptimizer Pro 2.2 and vFoglight 5.2.6 with new and enhanced features to help businesses curb spending on storage, optimize resource utilization and recover costs
Buffalo Grove, IL, June 8th, 2009 – Vizioncore Inc., the market leader in virtualization data protection and management solutions, today announced the general release of updates to two of its key products: vOptimizer Pro 2.2, Vizioncore’s storage and VM optimization tool, and vFoglight 5.2.6, an updated version of the company’s popular performance monitoring solution. Both updates represent Vizioncore’s commitment to helping businesses reduce spending on virtualization and storage management providing deeper insight into resource utilization and costs, while improving IT productivity.
Vizioncore vOptimizer Pro 2.2 brings the ability to scan an organization’s VMware vCenter Server and ESX Hosts in order to determine the amount of over-allocated virtual storage that exists unnoticed. According to industry analysts, as much as 90% of storage in virtual infrastructure may be unused because of over allocations at the initial point of provisioning. vOptimizer Pro helps reclaim storage from across the data center to help increase utilization, reduce costs and improve performance.
Key features of the vOptimizer Pro 2.2 include:
• Infrastructure Scanning – Locating and determining the amount of unused virtual storage across the virtual infrastructure enables the customer to see exactly how much storage is being wasted. Furthermore, the product can estimate the total potential savings gained from reclaiming wasted storage and generate a report for use within the business
• Broader OS Support – vOptimizer Pro now includes full support for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Windows 2008 giving customers the ability to reduce or defer storage acquisition costs across even more environments
• Enhanced Browsing – Improved ability to select virtual environment targets to be scanned, making an easier task of space reclamation
• VMware vSphere 4 Support – vOptimizer Pro 2.2 supports VMware’s latest virtual infrastructure
Since its introduction, vFoglight has provided best-in-class performance monitoring to help organizations mitigate the impact of resource sharing. To add greater value for its customers, vFoglight is expanding in the areas of capacity planning to help optimize resource utilization and chargeback to help IT recover infrastructure costs.
The new features of vFoglight 5.2.6 include:
• Capacity Planning - Determining the required infrastructure resources needed to support organizational growth and change is among the greatest challenges for VM administrators. To help combat this challenge, a new capacity planning module, included with vFoglight Pro, builds on the "Migration Modeler" to allow “What If ..?” scenarios for moving VMs to or from actual or hypothetical physical servers.
• Measured Resource Utilization (Chargeback) - For customers who meter for the use of infrastructure, vFoglight includes Measured Resource Utilization (MRU). MRU is based on measured consumption of IT resources in the infrastructure and can, for instance, help IT understand which user, group or application is using physical servers or VMs.
With vFoglight, administrators can view their entire infrastructure through detailed architectural representations and use out-of-the-box alerts and expert advice to detect, diagnose and resolve problems affecting performance and availability. vFoglight also allows administrators to plan, manage and optimize infrastructure capacity for improved performance and better resource utilization. And for organizations that seek to recover costs for the use of infrastructure, vFoglight supports leading chargeback models to track infrastructure usage and costs. Finally, vFoglight integrates with existing tools and monitoring frameworks already in place helping organizations leverage existing investments.
“At a time when controlling infrastructure costs has become essential, Vizioncore has listened to customer feedback and have focused on providing high-value solutions to improve virtual infrastructure performance,” said Chris Page, Director of Product Management, Vizioncore. “These new releases of vOptimizer Pro and vFoglight underscore that commitment by helping IT better understand resource utilization and associated costs through improved storage reclamation, capacity planning and support for chargeback. Utilizing vOptimizer Pro’s scanning functionality at one particular customer, we identified over 60 terabytes of over-allocated VM storage that had cost them over one million dollars to purchase.”
“The market in virtual environment management is very fragmented, with the virtualization vendor’s console needed for their specific technology. Many large system management vendors have not yet fully developed solutions that enable the granular management needed, and even fewer have combined this with capabilities such as capacity planning, VM accounting, and detailed resource monitoring. Vizioncore has not only provided all these capabilities but has done so with a clear focus on ease of use. Butler Group believes vFoglight provides an excellent set of capabilities that are defining how virtual environments should be managed,” explained Roy Illsley, Senior Research Analyst, at Butler Group.
Trial versions of vOptimizer Pro 2.2 and vFoglight (available in Standard or Pro editions) are available to download free here.
ANALYST REPORT vFoglight Butler Group Technology Audit can be found here
VIDEO An introduction to vFoglight can be found here
and an introduction to vOptimizer Pro can be found here
SUPPORT Further reading can be found here for vFoglight
and here for vOptimizer Pro
About Vizioncore Inc.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Buffalo Grove, IL, Vizioncore Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT). The company has operations in the Americas, EMEA, Asia and Australia. As a leader in virtualization data protection and management solutions, Vizioncore’s products help customers safeguard and optimize their IT systems while allowing them to extract the maximum return on their investment in virtualization. Vizioncore’s products are built from the ground up to support virtual environments with none of the legacy encumbrances of products built for physical servers. Over 17,000 organizations around the world, from SMBs to large-scale enterprises, use Vizioncore’s products. Vizioncore operates independently and distributes its products through an extended partner network of 2,200 value-added resellers worldwide. For more information please visit www.vizioncore.com or www.vizioncorum.com, Vizioncore’s official blogging site.
Tel.: +44 (0) 208 382 4091
Tel.: +44 (0)7710 633488
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of AxiCom in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.