Everyone wants to enjoy a great British summer with good British food,however it’s often hard to tell whether food is actually from Britain. For 75% of Brits, knowing where their food comes from has never been so important when browsing the shelves for the weekly shopping to make their favourite British summer meal.
Country Life, Britain’s only butter brand, discovered that 39% of Anchor butter consumers mistakenly believe that Anchor is actually British, rather than from New Zealand. And in addition, 65% would be disappointed if they found out that a brand they believed to be British was actually from abroad. So this summer when you’re getting ready for all those barbeques and picnics, make sure the food you’re buying is from Britain.
And to discover just how good British food does taste, try out this delicious recipe from Country Life Butter for Chicken and Spring Vegetable parcels. Made with local, home grown, British ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this tasty dish which is perfect those gorgeous outdoor summer meals.
To discover more gorgeous British recipes, check out www.enjoycountrylife.co.uk.
British icon John Lydon, currently starring in Country Life’s adverts, says “We should all be doing our bit to show support for the products made right here in the UK – especially when it tastes better than any of the other stuff out there. That’s why I buy Country Life butter”. The adverts are designed to show that Country Life is a British brand that supports our great British dairy farmers unlike rival brand Anchor that comes from New Zealand.
So next time you’re shopping, make sure you look for British food brands for, as Country Life believes, it’s important to support our hardworking farmers and producers and also British food tastes the best!
CHICKEN AND SPRING VEGETABLE PARCELS WITH LEMON AND HERB BUTTER
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
75g (3oz) Country Life Lighter Spreadable butter
Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
30ml (2tbsp) freshly chopped mint
30ml (2tbsp) freshly chopped parsley
16 baby carrots
8 baby courgettes, halved
16 small baby new potatoes, halved
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1. In a small bowl, mix together the Country Life butter, grated lemon zest and herbs. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, gas mark 6.
2. Take 4 squares of foil and divide the vegetables between them, place a piece of chicken on top. Spread over some of the butter mixture, season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then sprinkle over the lemon juice. Fold the edges of the foil together, sealing tightly then place on a baking tray.
3. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and chicken cooked through.
Cook’s tip: add baby leeks to the parcels for a bit of crunch
For further information about recipes, advertising, images or quotes, please contact Sarah Ryan or Juliet Brooke at Haygarth PR on 0208 971 3380.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
Country Life Key Facts
• Currently worth £61.3 million, Country Life is the fastest growing major butter brand in volume and value in Great Britain, due in part to the highly successful advertising campaign featuring John Lydon back in September 2008
• Country Life has seen year on year volume growth of 27.2%
• The John Lydon advertising campaign successfully delivered key messages as consumers recalled Country Life’s British credentials and fresh creamy taste. It also drove household penetration and doubled spontaneous brand awareness, which peaked at 40%
• Country Life is the only major British butter brand to be made from milk, which comes exclusively from British dairy farms
• Country Life is the only major branded butter to carry the Red Tractor assurance logo; a symbol of quality British produce
• Country Life is freshly churned here in the UK for a delicious creamy taste
• Country Life is widely available in supermarkets. Its variants include Country Life block butter in Standard and Unsalted, and Spreadable, in Standard, Lighter and Reduced Salt
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Haygarth Communications in the following categories: Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.