It’s a scary thought, but did you know that your carpet can contain more bacteria per square inch than your toilet seat?
According to cleaning experts ServiceMaster Clean, our homes may not be as healthy as we think. You may clean your home from top to toe every week, using bleach and anti bacterial spray but you might be surprised to learn just how many “hidden nasties” can be left behind.
Warm temperatures are the ideal breeding ground for things like bacteria, dust mites, fleas, and mould and your home provides the perfect place for them to grow.
ServiceMaster Clean are experts in cleaning and protecting carpets, upholstery and flooring and to ensure a truly healthy habitat for UK homeowners they have developed a unique range of cleaning products to banish bugs from our homes. The products include an antimicrobial agent called Hygienilac, which can give up to 12 months antibacterial protection for your home from bacteria such as MRSA, C-diff, Salmonella, E coli and even super bug MSSA. Independently tested and approved by the NHS, ServiceMaster Cleans products are 99.9% effective against a long list of bacteria.
To help you turn your home into a healthy habitat for all your family, ServiceMaster Clean suggest a few simple tips:
Carpets and upholstery:
Your carpet can contain more than four times its own weight in dirt and although vacuuming regularly will help to remove surface dirt, ServiceMaster Clean say that the deeper fibres of your carpet or upholstery can hold thousands of hidden germs, mould and fleas. To keep your floors healthy ServiceMaster Clean recommends a few simple tips:
• One of the easiest and most effective ways of preventing the build up of germs and mould on your floors is to invest in a good door mat. A harsher mat on the outside to remove any grit or soil combined with a softer mat on the inside to absorb moisture will help to keep your carpet healthy and looking at its best for longer.
• Pet hair can gradually build up in fibres and the surfaces of your soft furnishings. Try using a rubber glove to gently wipe across the surface. The hairs will ball together and can then be easily removed.
• To keep the bugs at bay ServiceMaster Clean recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned every six to twelve months. This will not only help to keep them germ free but will also prolong their lifespan, saving you money in the long run.
As your curtains hang at the window they are exposed to indoor and outdoor dust and debris and can therefore harbour hundreds of dust mites, pollen, bacteria and cobwebs. ServiceMaster Clean suggests a few easy tips to help maintain healthy curtains:
• Always take notice of the fabric of your curtains and clean accordingly. A simple tip for velvet curtains is to always vacuum downwards. The fibres of the fabric accumulate more dust if pointing upwards.
• Regularly vacuuming your curtains will prevent the build up of dust and pollen over time.
• ServiceMaster Clean advises having your curtains and blinds professionally cleaned every one to two years to keep them looking and smelling fresher.
ServiceMaster Clean can provide one off specialist cleans or regular cleans with prices tailored to your carpet or upholstery. There are over 100 ServiceMaster Clean businesses across the UK. To find out more log onto www.servicemasterclean.co.uk or telephone 0800 021 3073.
Press enquiries contact Marie at Apples & Pears Marketing, t: 0115 925 5999
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Apples & Pears Marketing in the following categories: Health, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.