BitDefender for HTTP Proxy offers SMB’s a “First Look” at New Malware Protection Technology for High Volume HTTP Network Traffic
BitDefender has announced that its HTTP Proxy for Linux is available for beta testing. Details can be obtained from http://beta.bitdefender.com.
Incentives include an Apple iPod Touch to the most active registered beta tester. The second place beta tester will receive a one-year license for a BitDefender Business Solution for up to 35 users and the third place tester will receive a one-year license for a BitDefender desktop solution – BitDefender Total Security,
BitDefender Internet Security or BitDefender Antivirus.
BitDefender for HTTP Proxy beta offers a number of advanced features enabling users to extend the security posture within a network environment, including:
- Real-Time Scanning of Internet Traffic: BitDefender for HTTP Proxy proactively identifies and blocks malicious HTTP-based malware threats.
- Enhanced Performance: BitDefender for HTTP Proxy beta uses BitDefender’s certified antivirus engines, which use less resources, provides better detection rates and increases performance.
- Transparent Mode: BitDefender for HTTP Proxy beta has the ability to work in transparent mode or in conjunction with a HTTP proxy such as Squid. While in transparent mode, BitDefender for HTTP Proxy intercepts the HTTP traffic using OS specific network filtering techniques. When placed in front of a HTTP proxy, BitDefender for HTTP Proxy acts as a bridge between the user and the proxy.
- Multiple HTTP filters: BitDefender for HTTP Proxy beta provides users with many HTTP filtering options, including a content type and method filter, URL filter, traffic control size filter and a header filter.
- Command Line Interpreter (CLI): BitDefender for HTTP Proxy beta uses a powerful and easy to use command line interpreter, which has an auto-complete function for all parameter levels.
- Other Improvements include: a Radmin integration Web interface, group security policies, user notification and enhanced reporting.
Commenting on the beta release, Vince Hwang, BitDefender’s global director of product management said. "BitDefender uses beta testing as the last in a series of steps to ensure our customers receive the best possible protection against all types of malware and e-threats.”
“We are counting on great interest from our user community for a successful beta test of BitDefender for HTTP Proxy for Linux and we are confident that the finished product will meet their most stringent demands."
BitDefender will offer prizes to the top three beta testers, including an Apple iPod Touch to the most active beta tester on http://beta.bitdefender.com. The second place beta tester will receive a one-year license for a BitDefender Business Solution for up to 35 users and the third place beta tester will receive a one-year license for a BitDefender desktop solution – BitDefender Total Security, BitDefender Internet Security or BitDefender Antivirus.
For more information about beta testing BitDefender for HTTP Proxy for Linux, visit http://beta.bitdefender.com.
BitDefender is the creator of one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of internationally certified security software. Since our inception in 2001, BitDefender has continued to raise the bar and set new standards in proactive threat prevention. Every day, BitDefender protects tens of millions of home and corporate users across the globe—giving them the peace of mind of knowing that their digital experiences will be secure. BitDefender solutions are distributed by a global network of value-added distribution and reseller partners in more than 100 countries worldwide. More information is available at www.bitdefender.co.uk
MJO PR for BitDefender UK
Tel: 0845 883 3435
BitDefender Country Manager
(UK and Ireland)
Tel: 0845 130 5096
Fax:- 0845 130 5069
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MJO Associates in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.