www.hotter.com is vital to our online growth strategy as we intend to more than double our online business within the next three years
With a growth target of 20% firmly in its grasp, comfortable women’s shoes and men’s shoes maker Hotter Comfort Concept has revolutionised their mature shopping site www.hotter.com.
Online women’s shoes and men’s shoes buyers who are active and over 50 are the target of this innovative UK shoe manufacturer turned marketeer – which currently makes 1.3 million pairs of shoes per year and sells direct to customers from its 100 seater call centre, five branded stores, 300 independent retailers and www.hotter.com.
“Strategically www.hotter.com is vital to our online growth strategy as we intend to more than double our online business within the next three years,” comments Marketing Director Lisa McCarten. “We have invested in a dynamic eCommerce platform which will scale to meet our ambitious targets, can be managed internally and enables improved SEO.
“The expectations of our discerning mature market shoe shoppers are the driving force behind all of our developments, and the new site is no exception! We have revolutionised our customer shopping journey making it simple, more intuitive, speedier and more secure.”
Working closely with eCommerce provider Salmon, www.hotter.com provides the Hotter Comfort Concept brand with:
- further opportunity to harness positive word of mouth via customer ratings and reviews
- better SEO potential
- highly flexible marketing and merchandising capabilities which our in-house team will also utilise to support our offline promotional activity
- 3D secure technology
- clear navigation and search capabilities
- enhanced ‘zoom’ facility and enlarger so that customers can see the detail which goes into making the perfect comfort shoe
“As a niche footwear brand our target customers are active men and women in the 50+ market, 70% of whom, according to research*, are likely to use Web 2.0 resources like blogs and forums in advance of making a purchase,” adds McCarten. “We believe our customer reviews will be an important innovation offering a power house of support for our brand.
“We are in the enviable position of having active, vocal customers – most of whom make repeat purchases - and we’ve combined this direct feedback with ongoing market research to develop our mature marketing expertise and segmentation. Our marketing plans have been developed with a degree of sophistication which can differentiate product, promotional offers and approach to the diverse segments of this flourishing community.
“This knowledge has been integral to the design process behind www.hotter.com and we consider our website to be a blueprint for online mature marketing. On top of this comes our product knowledge and passion for creating comfortable shoes, which has helped us develop a product strategy which brings more choice to existing customers, alongside more trend-led styling for the burgeoning 55+ market. We believe we have created a website which will appeal across the different demographics and lifestyle needs of these mature market shoppers and will be a huge asset in achieving the ambitious growth targets we have set ourselves.”
www.hotter.com is being supported by online and offline marketing initiatives.
At a glance:
- Day one of the new site saw an average of 1000 visitors per hour between 8am - 8pm (almost four times the volume on the previous week - 260 per hour)
- In the first five full days of the website visitor figures were almost three times the 2008 level (36490 vs 12526).
- Visitors are spending 60% more time browsing the site (5 mins 37sec vs 3 mins 30 secs) compared with this time last year.
- Hotter is on target to achieve 20 per cent growth in 2009 - its 50th birthday year
- Hotter turned over £37.5m in 2008 and made profits of £5m
- The company plans to open two new high street stores by the end of the year
- Private equity company Gresham invested £21m in the business in 2007
- Hotter selected Salmon’s SAFE™ system – (Salmon’s Application Framework for eCommerce).
- Hotter’s reviews programme is operated by PowerReviews.com
* Source: Management Today, 19th Dec 2008.
For more information contact:
Hotter: Melanie Killilea /Carolyn Parish: 01695 712720 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Hotter Comfort Concept in the following categories: Men's Interest, Women's Interest & Beauty, Media & Marketing, Retail & Fashion, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.