Summer and early autumn are the busiest times for house letting.1 According to the Association of Rental and Letting Agents the supply of rented residential properties is outstripping the availability of tenants, with 80% of ARLA members seeing an increase in rental property coming on the market because it cannot be sold.2 However, the recession has resulted in a lot more established professionals picking the letting option as they struggle to get on the property ladder. With so much competition for high end tenants, it is vital if you are looking to rent your property that it has the wow factor.
While your décor may be on trend don’t forget that prospective tenants have high standards and expectations. To ensure your property has perfect rental potential home cleaning and services experts ServiceMaster Ltd have some handy tips for a stress free letting experience.
1. TruGreen, ServiceMaster’s lawn care specialists advise of the importance of taking into consideration the exterior of the house as well as the interior. Is the grass trimmed? Does the lawn look green, healthy and inviting? First impressions count so outside the property should look as respectable as possible.
2. Once you have attracted potential tenants through the front door, visualise yourself in their position. Fundamentally all tenants want the same thing; a tidy, well ordered house, filled with light, space and storage and the ability to visualise themselves living there. Experts from ServiceMaster’s domestic cleaning company, Merry Maids suggest de-cluttering and removing any unwanted junk as this increases the sense of space and storage.
3. ServiceMaster Clean, who specialise in floor and upholstery cleaning maintain that a thorough clean is essential and although this can often be seen as a chore, landlords who achieve this to a high standard will stand above competition. So make sure you:
• Have carpets and specialist flooring like wood, tiles and slate cleaned professionally
• Wash or vacuum curtains and upholstery
This will brighten rooms and make them appear bigger as well as giving the impression that the house has been cared for and can be well-maintained. Not only that, but regularly caring for you flooring investments will make them last longer too.
4. Finally those small touches that can make a big difference:
• Eliminate any unpleasant smells by opening doors and windows to air the property, using air fresheners where necessary
• Leave lights on and keep curtains open to let the sun in and give as much light as possible
• Plump up pillows and cushions
• Wipe down and dust all visible surfaces
• Wash windows inside and out
• Make sure the bathroom suite and kitchen appliances are sparkling clean.
If you have a number of properties or are short of time, then call in the experts at ServiceMaster. Merry Maids offers a tailored moving in/out clean, while ServiceMaster Clean will tackle the upholstery, carpets, floors and curtains and TruGreen will create a perfect lawn.
To find your nearest ServiceMaster service provider visit:
Merry Maids - www.merrymaids.co.uk or call 0800 021 3072.
TruGreen – www.trugreen.co.uk or call 0800 021 3074.
ServiceMaster Clean – www.servicemasterclean.co.uk or call 0800 021 3073.
2 ARLA members survey of the private rental sector Q2 2009
Press enquiries: Kate or Jessica at Apples & Pears Marketing, T: 0115 925 5999 E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Apples & Pears Marketing in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.