Custard Pies and Chaos at Chessington World of Adventures
It will be custard pies at dawn on the 20th September 2009 as Chessington World of Adventures celebrates the closure of Beanoland after 10 fabulous years and says goodbye with a giant custard pie fight.
General Manager, David Smith, commented: “We felt it only fitting to celebrate in style with our guests as we say goodbye to Beanoland. We expect the custard pie fight to break all previously held records and to go down in history as the custard pie fight to end all custard pie fights! Once we have cleared up all of the mess, we will be closing Beanoland for the last time to make way for Chessington’s exciting 2010 plans which will be announced in due course.”
Details of Beanoland’s custard pie fight party can be found on www.chessington.com. The custard pie’s will be sold for £1 each and all proceeds will be donated to Merlin’s Magic Wand charity.
For further information please contact:
Nikki Pipe or Clare Smith
Blue Zebra PR, The West House, 4 Farmoor Court, Oxford, OX2 9LU
Tel: 01865 861600 Fax: 01865 865168
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Notes to Picture Editors:
· High Resolution images of Chessington World of Adventures are available for the media to download free of charge from www.chessington.com/press
Notes to Editors:
· Chessington World of Adventures is part of The MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP, the leading name in location based, family entertainment, which has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. The world’s second largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin has 58 attractions, 6 hotels and 2 holiday villages in 13 countries, across 3 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 35 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and 13,500 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE including the SEA LIFE London Aquarium, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, the London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, Heide Park, and Earth Explorer.
· Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE including the SEA LIFE London Aquarium, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, the London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, Heide Park, and Earth Explorer.
· Chessington World of Adventures is open from 28 March to 2 November 2009, with selected Zoo Days in September and October. Chessington Zoo and SEA LIFE Centre is also open at weekends during November and December for Zoo Days and there will be special Christmas Zoo Days from 12 December 2009 – 3 January 2010 (excluding 25 December) visit www.chessington.com for further information.
· Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children under 12) only £78 when booking in advance on the web. (On-the-Gate rate is £92 for a Family Ticket.) Family tickets for other family group sizes also available -check regularly online for sensational offers!
· Advance booking rates: £24 adults, £17 children (under 12). On-the-Gate Rates: £33 adults, £22 children (under 12). Special rates apply on Zoo Days.
· A Merlin Annual Pass gives you 12 months unlimited entry to top UK attractions including Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE and the Dungeons. Passes cost just £150 for an individual or £400 for a family of four*. For more information visit www.annual-pass.com or why not enjoy a year full of adventures with a Chessington Annual Pass? Visit www.chessington.com for more information.
· Height restrictions may apply on certain rides.
· Express passes and special offers are available online when booking in advance on www.chessington.com
· Follow us on Twitter; www.twitter.com/cwoa become a fan on Facebook; www.facebook.com/chessington and watch our latest videos on YouTube www.youtube.com/wwwchessingtoncom
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Blue Zebra PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.