The nations favourite themed week is back for the sixth year – a weeklong celebration of fine chocolate with talks, tastings and demonstrations taking place around the country. Chocolate Week promotes the exceptional chocolatiers we now have in the UK, the fantastic chocolates they produce and encourages people to visit our wonderful, indulgent chocolate shops. All the details can be found at the Chocolate Week website.
The highlights of the week include:
• Chocolate Unwrapped, the UK’s first dedicated chocolate show with 25 of the best chocolate companies’ under one roof. Visitors will be able to taste and buy some wonderful chocolates, meet the chocolatiers, attend demonstrations and tastings, meet people from the growing countries and view a wonderful exhibition of chocolate sculptures and art. 10th & 11th October www.chocolate-unwrapped.co.uk
• London Restaurant Festival chocolate dinner with top London chefs and chocolatiers each creating a course. Tristan Welch from Launceston Place, Sophie Conran, Shane Osborn from Pied a Terre, Gerard Coleman from Artisan du Chocolat , Bill McCarrick from Sir Hans Sloane and Paul a Young from Paul a Young Fine Chocolates.
• Events, offers, promotions and sampling at the UK’s best chocolate shops. Participants include Artisan du Chocolat, Auberge du Chocolat, Chococo, The Chocolate Café, The Chocolate Cellar, CocoaLoco, Demarquette, Fortnum & Mason, Gorvett & Stone, Harrods, Hotel Chocolat, I should Cocoa, La Maison du Chocolat, Melange, Melt, Paul a Young, Rococo, Selfridges, Sir Hans Sloane Chocolates, Simply Chocolate and Thorntons.
• Launch of the Chocolate Trail in Lancashire - The trail will start on a steam train and will feature chocolate shops, cafes, award winning restaurants, delis, wine merchants and hotels.
• Boil the kettle, dust off the teapot, bake a few cakes and get ready for The Big Chocolate Tea Party fronted by Philip Schofield in aid of the Sick Children’s Trust. www.sickchildrenstrust.org/ /big_chocolate_teaparty1
• Bea’s of Bloomsbury will transform their store into a chocolate haven for the week and will support The Sick Children’s Trust by delivering chocolate afternoon teas throughout London. Have a chocolatey afternoon tea break with your colleagues, make a pot of tea and enjoy wonderful chocolate cakes delivered by Bea’s. 25% of the proceeds will go towards the charity.
• Launch of new collections such as Melt’s collaboration with Mark Hix, Demarquette’s pure collection, Choc Chick’s chocolate making kits, cooking chocolate by Trish Deseine, La Maison du Chocolat’s Grand Cru collection, Thorntons extend their continental collection with Paris and Milan boxes, Hotel Chocolat St Lucia’s tasting box from their own plantation and Harrods launch their very own couverture.
• Hotels will be offering chocolate afternoon teas, bars concocting chocolate cocktails and restaurants and chefs create chocolate desserts and themed meals.
Chocolate Week is going to be a truly wonderful, incredibly delicious week of quality chocolate.
Our sponsors for 2009 are:
The Mexican Tourist Board who play a significant part in the history of chocolate and have many cocoa plantations in the in the Chiapas and Tabasco regions.
Thorntons appointed Keith Hurdman as their head chocolatier last year and have been launching new quality ranges under his expertise.
Hotel Chocolat is a luxury British owned chocolatier and cocoa grower with 32 shops nationwide and a highly successful ecommerce website.
Divine are the UK’s leading fairtrade chocolate company and have supported Chocolate Week for the past four years with nationwide events.
The May Fair Hotel is our venue partner for the week. They are offering exclusive chocolate packages and rates for chocolate week visitors.
The Sick Children’s Trust are our chosen charity partner
Contact email@example.com mbl: 07801 442733 for more information on Chocolate Week, images, samples, recipes and products or for an informed spokesperson to talk about chocolate and the UK chocolate industry.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nudge PR in the following categories: Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, Travel, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.