The ‘golden hours’ when retailers release their top discounts occur between 4-6 pm on Friday. These discounts tend to be valid for the weekend period only
UK consumers are missing out on top savings when they shop online according to VoucherCodes, the UK’s original money-saving solution offering vouchers, promotional codes and exclusive discounts to over 4000 of the country’s biggest brands.
Statistics released today by VoucherCodes.com show that most UK shoppers are accessing voucher code and online retail shots during a period when big discounts aren’t available. Switching the time in which we shop can reap huge rewards.
James Carter, founder and managing director of VoucherCodes.com comments: “The ‘golden hours’ when retailers release their top discounts occur between 4-6 pm on Friday. These discounts tend to be valid for the weekend period only. Despite this, peak consumer traffic on VoucherCodes.com occurs at 9.16pm on Monday evenings – after the top discounts have been and gone.”
To save more this Christmas, VoucherCodes.com recommends the following tips:
1. If you’re a Monday shopper, try and adjust your shopping pattern to check retailers a day before on Sunday as weekend vouchers will still be valid at this time. VoucherCodes.com works with over 4000 high street and independent brands – so chances are a discount will be available to help you save money.
2. If you plan on high-street shopping over the weekend, check out VoucherCodes.com before you step out the door to see if there are vouchers available for use. Try the item out in-person but complete the purchase online to save even more.
3. Keep informed by signing up to the VoucherCodes.com newsletter or downloading the toolbar. Print out the newsletter to see what top codes are available and their validity periods each week.
4. Don’t make individual purchases at multiple retailers. The big trend right now is for retailers to offer ‘stretch and save’ voucher codes – meaning the more you spend, the deeper the discount. One retailer may have an item for £5 less – but if you purchasing a lot at the more expensive retailer, the 10% voucher discount being offered if you spend over a certain amount may offset the original difference.
“It’s all about retailers that offer value AND customer service this season,” adds Carter.
“VoucherCodes.com gives consumers the codes to make big savings. Simple alterations to typical spending habits may result in an even better holiday season for all – it’s time to take advantage of the savings retailers are literally giving away.”
For updated consumer tips and information, go to the VoucherCodes.com website or sign up to the free weekly newsletter updating shoppers with the latest codes and discounts.
1) For information, images and interviews please contact Ryan Levitt or Tracey Warmington on 01865 882988 or email email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BOTTLE PR in the following categories: Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.