The new trend for delicious lower alcohol wines is a godsend for those Christmas party animals who want to enjoy a glass or two with family and friends but want to keep an eye on the units they consume. Lower alcohol wines have wonderfully fruity flavours and can be the perfect complement to many Christmas dishes. To help the responsible but party-loving hosts, here is a complete run down to the 12 Wines of Christmas.
1. Unexpected Festive Visitors: Mince Pies – Wine: Orange Muscat & Flora
Make sure that you have a supply of delicious mince pies or Christmas cake and instead of a cup of tea, offer them a glass of the UK’s favourite dessert wine, Orange Muscat and Flora as a special treat.
2. Perfect Party Food: Malaysian style barbecued chicken – Wine: Dry Muscat
Try livening up traditional chicken dishes with a Malaysian twist, washed down with a Dry Muscat.
3. Quick festive warmer: Thai Tom Yum Soup – Wine: Chenin Blanc
The spiciness of the Asian flavours work particularly well with the hint of residual sweetness and refreshing acidity of the Chenin Blanc
4. Relaxing pre-Christmas Dinner Party with Friends: Crispy salmon with soft herbed mash and onion herb salad – Wine: Pinot Grigio
The salmon has a delicious crispy skin, and the herbs in the mashed potato really help bring out the zippy crisp savoury flavours in the Pinot Grigio.
5. Christmas Eve: Rudolph Pie – Wine: Tempranillo
A traditional Christmas Eve version of Shepherd’s Pie using venison and pork, the Rudolph Pie is delicious served with a glass of Tempranillo with its beautiful aromas of red berries, plums and cassis.
6. Christmas Breakfast: Smoked salmon with freshly ground black pepper, dill and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice – Wine: Zibibbo
Waking up to an indulgent Christmas breakfast with a sumptuous plate of salmon is the best way to get the day off to a fantastic start. Bursting with bubbles, Zibbibo will make your Christmas Breakfast a real celebration.
7. Christmas Dinner: Roast turkey and cranberry sauce - Wine: Tarrango
Tarrango is a delicate, light-bodied wine with a vibrant cherry-red colour and aromas of berries and a hint of spice that matches perfectly with the meatiness of the turkey. To truly appreciate this light, flavoursome red wine it should be enjoyed lightly chilled.
8. Boxing Day Lunch: Gammon ham with salad leaves – Wine: Pinot Grigio Rosé
After a heavy Christmas lunch, why not try a crispy light salad with a wine to match; with fresh aromas of watermelon, pear and subtle savoury characters, the Pinot Grigio Rosé is crisp and racy with a delicate lively lift.
9. Boxing Day Dessert: Baked ricotta and honey marinated figs – Wine: Moscato
A delicious light dessert with festive figs perfectly complemented by the Moscato that creates a talking point with its frizzante finish.
10. Leftovers: Turkey with chocolate chilli and couscous – Wine: Dolcetto & Syrah
The sweetness and frizz ante of the chilled Dolcetto and Syrah gently softens the heat of the dish and brings out the succulent flavours of the turkey.
11. Leftovers: Spiced Turkey with stir fried vegetables and chilli jam – Wine: Cienna
Spiced turkey matched to Cienna, a light wine with a vibrant beetroot red colour that is juicy with a refreshing slightly fizzy finish. It is best enjoyed well chilled which works perfectly with the spiciness of the dish.
12.And finally, after all that hard work...Celebrate in Style with Zibbibo Rosa
Not quite a recipe idea, but just as important! Instead of the old Champagne or Cava on New Year’s Eve, why not try Zibibbo Rosa, a refined pale pink sparkling wine. It boasts aromas of strawberries and summer fruits, a fresh taste for a fresh into the New Year!
Please contact Siobhan Payne email: email@example.com or telephone 02073887421 if you would like to receive any of the following:
•recipes to accompany the attached seasonal photography
•high resolution photography
•samples of Brown Brothers’ wines
•any further info on Brown Brothers
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Richmond Towers Communications (Chrome) in the following categories: Men's Interest, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.