A nationwide search is on for Britain’s Most Adventurous Family! To launch its brand new land, Wild Asia, Chessington World of Adventures has teamed up with wildlife enthusiast and broadcaster Nick Baker and tourist board VisitEngland to find families that take adventure to a different level.
Whether it is a trip exploring the rainforest, making mum hold a tarantula to overcome a fear of spiders, camping in your back garden or perhaps a trip around Britain to go on as many rollercoasters as you can – whatever adventure you have encountered we want to hear about it! If this sounds like your family or a family you know, nominate them now at www.chessington.com/wildasia and they could be crowned Britain’s Most Adventurous Family!
David Smith, Chief Explorer at Chessington World of Adventures, said: “Chessington World of Adventures is rapidly turning into Britain’s Wildest Adventure, with rides, animals and entertainment all in one place. We believe the word adventure means different things to different people – whether it is going on exotic holidays abroad or exploring at home - and that’s what this search is all about! We would like to find a family that really makes the most of their spare time, making adventures out of whatever they do.”
“We are delighted to partner with Chessington World of Adventures in the search for Britain’s Most Adventurous Family,” said Amanda Smyth, Head of Marketing for VisitEngland. “Britons don’t have to leave this country to find adventure and amazing places to visit. Our figures have seen a dramatic increase in British families holidaying at home over the last year, and we are encouraging adventurous families to make the most of England. We hope this campaign will not only help recognise and celebrate adventurous families, but that it will also encourage others to explore more of the country they live in.”
To apply or nominate a family you know, visit www.chessington.com/wildasia and in 200 words or less explain why you think your family deserves the title. Upload photographs if you have them to really show us why you think your family deserves to win.
Three families will be invited to a boot camp with Nick Baker at Chessington World of Adventures on Wednesday 7th April 2010 where exploration of the brand new land, Wild Asia, will be the name of the game. And the overall winning family will be crowned Britain’s Most Adventurous Family after the Boot Camp, walking away with a fantastic family adventure holiday!
Age limit: Please note children need to be between 4 and 14 to enter the competition.
Contact: Nina Sawetz or Karen Dickinson on 01865 861600 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Notes to Picture Editors:
· High Resolution images of Chessington World of Adventures are available for the media to download free of charge from www.chessington.com/press
Notes to Editors:
· Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo is open from 27 March to 1 November 2010, with selected Zoo Days during September and October. Chessington Zoo and SEA LIFE Centre is also open at weekends during November and December for Zoo Days and there will be special Christmas Zoo Days from 11 December 2010 – 3 January 2011 (excluding 25 December). visit www.chessington.com for further information.
· Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo is part of The MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP, the leading name in location based, family entertainment, which has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. The world’s second largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin has 58 attractions, 6 hotels and 2 holiday villages in 13 countries, across 3 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 35 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and 13,500 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE including the SEA LIFE London Aquarium, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, the London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Heide Park, and Earth Explorer.
· A Merlin Annual Pass gives you 12 months unlimited entry to top UK attractions including Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE and the Dungeons. Passes cost just £150 for an individual or £400 for a family of four*. For more information visit www.annual-pass.com or why not enjoy a year full of adventures with a Chessington Annual Pass? Visit www.chessington.com for more information.
· Height restrictions may apply on certain rides.
· Express passes and special offers are available online when booking in advance on www.chessington.com
· Follow us on Twitter; www.twitter.com/cwoa or become a fan on Facebook; www.facebook.com/chessington and watch our latest videos on YouTube www.youtube.com/wwwchessingtoncom
· VisitEngland, the national tourist board is the strategic leadership body representing the public and private sector stakeholders of English Tourism. It works in partnership with VisitBritain, the RDAs and local authorities, and the private sector, creating a national tourism strategy, optimising marketing investment, and developing the visitor experience across England.
· VisitEngland continues to use its Enjoy England consumer brand in the domestic market and will market England under the VisitEngland brand in international markets. More information can be found on www.visitengland.com/corporate and www.enjoyengland.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Blue Zebra PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Entertainment & Arts, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.