The UK’s fastest growing online independent travel agent has revealed the top ten places around the world to be this New Year’s Eve.
www.sunshine.co.uk has released a list of the top ten travel destinations to celebrate on New Year’s Eve. The list includes more popular destinations such as New York, or more specifically Times Square, and also locations that aren’t openly appreciated for their celebrations, such as Niagara in Canada and Cape Town.
The top ten destinations to be celebrating on New Year’s Eve 2009 are;
1. New York, USA – The city that never sleeps is home to some of the best New Year’s Eve celebrations in the world. Times Square is the place to be, where approximately one million people gather to watch the famous New Year’s Eve Ball descending from a flagpole at the top of One Times Square.
2. Sydney, Australia – Like most destinations throughout the world, Sydney celebrates New Year’s eve with a bang, with plenty of fireworks over the Harbour at 9pm and again at midnight. The fireworks have become the most watched display in the world and there are cocktail and party cruises in Sydney Hour for people to party in style.
3. London, England – New Year’s Eve party cruises along the Thames are very popular with celebrators in London, whilst people gather at the London Eye to watch huge fireworks in the wait for Big Ben to chime at midnight.
4. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – New Year’s Eve in Brazil officially marks the beginning of the summer holidays, so it’s a great place to head for a bit of winter sun. The beach of Copacabana is believed by many to have one of the best firework displays in the world. Traditionally, Brazilians wear white to bring good luck for the New Year.
5. Paris, France – The city of lights becomes that little bit brighter when an impressive fireworks display is let off from the Eiffel Tower on the stroke of midnight. Celebrations range from formal balls and feasts to quiet dining with friends, family and a glass of champagne.
6. Edinburgh, Scotland – On New Year’s Eve, Edinburgh is home to the biggest street party in Europe and, whilst most cities party for just one night, the celebrations in Scotland last for four days, with a whole program of events for all ages. There might even be snow!
7. Cape Town, South Africa – New Year’s Eve in Cape Town can be celebrated on the backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean, and the many roof top parties and wine bars attract plenty of party-goers every year. Costumed dancers, painted faces, fireworks and banjo players complete the celebrations.
8. Bangkok, Thailand – Thailand is perhaps the only country in the world to celebrate a New Year three times annually; once in January for the Chinese New Year, again in April for the Thai New Year and finally at the end of December, as the Western New Year has been accepted as another night to do some serious partying at the many clubs and swanky bars in the city.
9. Las Vegas, USA – Where better to raise a glass to the New Year than in the city that parties non-stop all year round. Las Vegas is renowned for its casinos, bars and nightclubs and on New Year’s Eve massive firework displays extend way beyond the neon lights. The famous strip is closed to vehicles for the New Year’s Eve party, which is often attended by plenty of celebrities.
10. Niagara, Canada – There’s no better reason to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Niagara than to experience the true beauty of the fireworks display over the infamous Niagara Falls. The spectacular event is held in Queen Victoria Park and is a sight that’s not to be missed.
Chris Brown, co-founder of Sunshine.co.uk, commented on the list of the best places to be this New Year’s Eve;
“I think many people rule out the possibility of celebrating New Year’s Eve abroad because it’s so close to Christmas, but if it’s a possibility financially then it’s definitely something people should experience at least once in their lives. New York and Sydney are perhaps the more obvious destinations that are great to visit for the New Year, but I think people should be aware of the hidden gems like Cape Town and Niagara, which really are spectacular places to wave goodbye to a year and welcome a new one.”
For more information or to set up interviews with Chris Brown please contact Shannon Haigh
10 Yetis PR Agency, on 01452 348211 or email email@example.com
• Sunshine.co.uk is the UK’s largest independent online travel agent
• The management team behind the company created and managed Holiday Watchdog which was bought by TripAdvisor in February 2008 for an undisclosed amount of money.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of 10 Yetis PR and Marketing in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.