As the New Year approaches, thoughts are turning to booking a summer holiday in search of some fun in the sun in Summer 2010. Leading holiday companies, Thomson and First Choice are advising people to book early to secure the best deals, and in order to help people bag an even better bargain, have today launched a range of money-saving offers, including thousands of free child places , discounts of up to £200 per booking, low deposits and great savings.
‘We are offering some fantastic deals for those who want to secure their summer holiday now,’ says Dermot Blastland, Managing Director of TUI Travel UK & Ireland. ‘There will be less chance to grab a last-minute deal nearer the summer so if you want to get yourself a bargain and ensure you have the best choice in holiday, now is the best time to book. There are great deals on offer for early bookings with low booking deposits to enable customers to take advantage of guaranteeing a summer holiday for the best price.’
For a dream Thomson holiday, prices start from £769 per couple for a seven night holiday in Tenerife staying at the brand new 5T Sensatori Tenerife on a full board plus basis, departing from London Gatwick on 4th May 2010, or family holidays packed with fun from First Choice start from £1386 for two adults and two children staying for seven nights at the 4 Sun Holiday Village Costa del Sol on a self catering basis, departing from London Gatwick on 16th May 2010, and includes accommodation, flights, transfers and all taxes and surcharges.
10 Top Tips for bagging a holiday bargain from First Choice and Thomson are:
1) Book early. As ever, the best bargains are to be had by booking now. With early booking discounts, such as save £200* per booking, as well as further reductions on selected holidays available in store, it really is the best time to book, especially for those who can’t be so flexible with dates, such as families with school-age children. And with low deposits from £30 on offer across Thomson and First Choice in January, you can relax safe in the knowledge that your seat on the plane is secure.
2) Look out for FREE CHILD places. Free child places are not a gimmick and can make a really big difference to the cost of your holiday. First Choice know a thing or two about offering great family holidays, and what better deal to offer parents than free kids’ places. Both Thomson and First Choice are offering thousands of free child places on offer across hundreds of holidays, including school-holiday dates, it’s another reason to get in quick before they go, and save on the overall cost of your holiday. You’ll find this amazing offer in the brochures, at your local travel shop or online at www.firstchoice.co.uk or www.thomson.co.uk.
3) Upgrade to all inclusive. This year has seen the rise and rise of popularity of the all-inclusive holiday, with Thomson and First Choice noticing a 32% increase in demand. All-inclusive holidays include the cost of drinks, meals and snacks plus some activities up front. This option allows you to better budget your holiday spending before even leaving the UK. In accordance to demand, Thomson and First Choice have increased the number of their all-inclusive holidays so that they now make up 42% of all holidays for next year, offering even more fantastic choice to our customers. We’ll toast to that!
4) Go for 10 or 11 nights. While traditional seven and 14 night holidays are still popular, Thomson and First Choice have noticed an increase in demand for flexible durations, including 10 and 11 night holidays. With this in mind, we have increased the number of 10 and 11 night holidays for Summer 2010 by 21%, offering more choice to those who still want a decent chunk of time away from home, but also reducing the budget of a ‘typical’ fortnight holiday.
5) Be as flexible as possible. If you have pre-school age children, try to book outside of the school holidays – not only will you get a better deal, the resort will be that bit quieter too. Or if you are tied to the school holidays, consider travelling at the very beginning or end of them as sometimes these can be the cheaper option. Also be prepared to travel from a selection of regional airports, or consider a night flight which may help lower the cost.
6) Always book with a well known ATOL protected Tour Operator. The recent demise of Scottish holiday company Globespan has put the issue of financial protection on holidays back in the headlines, and reiterated the importance of booking a holiday with a well known financially robust ATOL protected tour operator, like Thomson and First Choice. Many people simply don’t realise that most low-cost carriers and accommodation-only providers are not ATOL-protected, which means if they go bust, you lose your money. To make sure you’re not caught out, look out for the Government backed ATOL logo on brochures and other sales material, but if in doubt, visit your local Thomson or First Choice shop where our Holiday Advisors will be happy to offer advice about any company, even if you’re not booking your holiday through them.
7) Choose a holiday that’s right for you. Do your research to make sure that you end up in the right type of resort for your holiday needs. If you are travelling as a family, then First Choice’s Holiday Villages are perfect as they are designed with families in mind – with plenty of Kids Academies and activities to keep children big and small entertained, while adults can relax in the bar or pool. Check out the brand new 5 Sun Holiday Village Rhodes opening this Summer for a smashing family holiday. While Thomson knows a thing or two about catering for couples, with the stunning Sensatori collection of five star properties in Mexico, Crete and brand new for Tenerife this Summer, these luxury hotels mean you can holiday in style. Check out the brochure or websites (www.thomson.co.uk and www.firstchoice.co.uk) for feedback on what our customers think, or look at impartial sites such as www.tripadvisor.co.uk or www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk for reviews.
8) Save on extra luggage charges. Some budget airlines promise cheap fares, but then bump up the cost of flying with them by charging for extra luggage and check-in. When you book a package holiday with Thomson or First Choice, you can rest assured that you won’t get stung with extra charges as our airline, Thomson Airways gives you 20kg luggage allowance to check-in, which is 5kg MORE than Thomas Cook.
9) Shop around for foreign exchange. Ask your travel agent for their best deals when you book your holiday. First Choice and Thomson offer commission-free currency and a buy-back guarantee, and will even deliver your money to your door by 3pm the next day. Saves stressing at the last minute at the airport.
10) Sign up for the best deals. Thomson and First Choice send out weekly newsletters featuring their best deals for customers, direct to your inbox. These are a great source of inspiration for your next holiday, and you’ll be able to keep a close eye on all of the bargains too. And you can also follow @thomsondeals on www.twitter.com to see the best range of up to the minute Thomson holiday deals.
For further press information please contact:
Louise Evans – First Choice Press Officer
Tel: 01582 645369
Liz Bartlett – First Choice PR Manager
Tel: 01582 644117
Notes to Editors:
*Terms and Conditions apply. Savings of up to £200 per couple for new bookings only on selected Thomson and First Choice Summer 2010 holidays, subject to availability. Excludes Flight Only and Accomodation Only bookings. Minimum spend applies. Low deposits, and free kids apply to selected holidays only.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of TUI UK in the following categories: Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.