“Wearing clothes that fit your body shape can instantly make you look a dress size smaller” says Jules Standish, Celebrity Colour and Image Consultant www.colourconsultancy.co.uk. “So many women try to conform to fashion rather than their own personal body shape. Its not all about dieting but knowing how to highlight the good body areas, and camouflage the negative, through understanding how style and colour can make you look slimmer”.
Jules Top Tips for a Slimmer Body Shape:-
Curvy: aim is to highlight the waist, elongate figure and show off curves
- single breasted soft/fluid jackets that float over curves best
- belted styles, vertical lines and wrap dresses flatter curves
- v-neck and scoop tops will compliment a full bust
Nigella Lawson shows off her hour-glass figure to maximum effect in low cut fitted tops and dresses that show off her waist.
Big Tummy: aim to re-focus attention from middle to legs and/or face
- wear tops with fullness that drape but don’t cling, empire style
- avoid waistbands, belts and front pockets on trousers/skirts
- one colour outfit with a colourful scarf will detract upwards
Fern Britton looks fabulous by covering up her tummy with empire style dresses and tops.
Short legs/long waist: aim to create illusion of higher waistline/long legs
- choose high waisted clothes; dresses with belt worn high
- heeled shoes/boots and tights should be toned to match bottoms
- wear trousers slightly long
Trinny wears lovely frock coats and well cut high waisted trousers to put her long body in proportion.
Short waist/long legs: aim is to create illusion of lower waistline
- monochromatic outfits work well and wear low waisted bottoms
- vertical lines on top lengthen area with narrow matching belt
- v-necks will elongate neck line
Princess Diana had famously long legs but her waist was short and she dressed beautifully to counteract this area and always looked perfect.
Broad Shoulders: aim is to soften shoulders and create balance with hips
- best styles are cuffed long sleeved tops and dark v-necks
- buy jackets with less structure and more drape
- vertical lines and small lapels take attention away from area
Maria Sharapova has broad shoulders like many female athletes and she wears clothes that compliment her well-toned physique when off court.
Broad Hips: aim is to square shoulders to create balance with hips
- shoulder pads will be your best friends and horizontal line tops
- cap sleeves, puffed sleeves, boat necks, collared shirts best
- buy structured tailored styles with lighter shades on top
Sarah Brown is a classic pear shape and recently has been wearing well- styled clothes that make her look slimmer and fashionable.
The general colour rule is use stronger, brighter colours on best body areas to make them more noticeable/larger. Bright/light colours should run up and down middle with darker on the outside for slimming effect. Use duller, darker colours on badly proportioned or bigger areas to camouflage and make smaller.
For more information on colour and style go to www.colourconsultancy.co.uk.
Remember to include your contact details in the body text of the release.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Juliet Standish in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Media & Marketing, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.