A greener spring cleaner from Merry Maids
Q: I will be doing my annual spring clean shortly and this year would like to be as eco-friendly as possible and reduce the amount of chemicals I use. How can I get my house looking ship-shape and still be as green as possible?
A: We asked Merry Maids, the UK’s leading domestic cleaning company for some eco cleaning advice. Here are their top tips:
Swap your regular cleaning cloths and mops for micro fibre ones.
Merry Maids use micro fibre cloths and there are a number of eco-friendly advantages to using them.
• Micro fibre cloths have an unrivalled ability to absorb dirt and grease with their unique electrostatic quality. They are able to pick up 99% of bacteria, compared to the usual 33% when using traditional cloths.
• Micro fibre cloths reduce the need for chemicals as they work just as effectively with or even without water.
• Micro fibre is very hardwearing, requires less elbow grease from the user and can be washed in the machine with a gentle detergent.
Make your own natural all purpose cleaning remedies:
• White vinegar and salt mixed together make a good surface cleaner. Use from a bucket or a spray bottle and wipe clean.
• Merry Maids advise that you pour a cup of white vinegar into your toilet once a month and allow it to settle for a few hours before flushing to keep unsightly water rings away.
• For food smells, a bowl of white vinegar left in the room overnight will help to whisk away lingering odours.
• Four tbsp’s of baking soda and one litre of warm water makes a good floor cleaner.
• Baking soda on a damp sponge will clean and deodorise all kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
• Sprinkle your living room carpet with baking soda before you go to bed. The next morning a quick vacuum will leave you with a cleaner smelling room.
• For an effective drain cleaner, pour ½ a cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by a cup of vinegar. Let the mixture foam for a few minutes and finally flush with a cup of boiling water. Lastly if you have a rubbish disposal, finish up with some ice cubes to sharpen the blades and old citrus rinds to freshen up.
For eco – friendly cleaning kits, Merry Maids recommends Spontex, JML and Nigel’s Eco Store for a good range of micro fibre cleaning products.
If you would rather leave the spring cleaning to the experts then call in your local Merry Maids.
Merry Maids will offer anything from a one off full house clean to a regular weekly, bi weekly or monthly clean. All our trusted Merry Maids are trained to the same professional standard and are fully insured.
To find your local Merry Maids visit www.merrymaids.co.uk or call 0800 021 3072.
Press enquiries: Jessica at Apples & Pears Marketing
T: 0115 925 5999
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Apples & Pears Marketing in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.