Spring has finally sprung and that can mean only one thing, Easter is just around the corner. If you are a parent, the thought of two weeks of entertaining your children may fill you with dread, but don’t worry – the lovely people at Serif have come up with 10 low-cost (and fun) ways to keep the family entertained this Easter, come rain or shine.
1. Go swimming! You don’t have to be a member to swim at your local council-run leisure centre and it won’t cost you the earth. It costs around £3.00 for an adult and £1.50 for a child – with most places offering school holiday rates for children under 16.
2. Visit your local library – it is not all about books you know, most libraries now offer free Internet access, newspapers, DVDs, CDs magazines and books, so head on down there. Plus it’s free (as long as you’re not late getting your books back!)
3. Go for a walk – we’re surrounded by beauty, regardless of whether you live in the country, town or city, so get out there and get walking. It’s a great way to get some exercise and spend quality time with each other.
4. Make a scrapbook about what you got up to on your Easter break. – Create fantastic photo-realistic scrapbooks using software like Serif’s Digital Scrapbook Artist. Visit http://www.daisytrail.com/dsacompact to download the software for free!
5. Go for a picnic – make some sandwiches, fill a flask and head down to the nearest park or river for a family picnic.
6. Bake a cake – or brownies, jam tarts, flapjacks or your own Easter bun(nies).
7. Bored? Then try a board game – when was the last time you sat down as a family and played a game? Try learning games like Scrabble or Boggle, or if it’s good old-fashioned fun you want, try Twister!
8. What a photograph! Take the kids outdoors and get creative, take pictures of your local area, wildlife, Spring flowers and each other, then upload onto your PC and give them that extra magic touch with free photo editing software available at www.freeserifsoftware.com
9. Get green fingers – seeds are cheap, so get the kids out into the garden and give them their own section to grow vegetables.
10. Movie night – many sites offer DVD rentals for less than £5.00 a month. You might even be able to get a free trial. Join up and get watching!
To learn more about Serif or to try one of their products, visit www.serif.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1628 480280
Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus®, PhotoPlus™, DrawPlus™, WebPlus, AlbumPlus™, MoviePlus™, PanoramaPlus™ and Digital Scrapbook Artist® and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now with over 6.5 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 200 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK and its North American sales operation in New Hampshire, US.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Six Degrees Limited in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.