Free launch download offers a single application and interface to reduce complexity and time spent on common network engineering tasks
LEXINGTON, MA − June 29 2010 – Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division, developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management solutions, today announced the release of its WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit.
With its broad and robust functionality, the new WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit helps monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot a vast majority of common network engineering tasks including the categories of: design and planning; discovery; diagnostics; DNS verification; remote control; and configuration and credentials management.
The WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit features a single installation and user-friendly interface and is the only toolkit that addresses this broad range of categories from a single-credential library, allowing users to access any tool without having to re-enter credentials. The toolkit also has exportable, printable and sharable reporting results to simplify troubleshooting and share with upper management and to report on activities and status.
To mark the launch, the WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit is available as a free download for a limited time at http://www.whatsupgold.com/PR/Toolkit.
“Network managers will be impressed with the Engineer’s Toolkit user-friendly interface and its ability to ease the burden of daily network and system administration tasks,” said Brian Gollaher, director of product management for Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division.
WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit Categories and Features
Design and Planning
• Properly design subnets to use existing address space more efficiently
• Stay informed on what devices are running on the network
• Quickly identify responding and non-responding addresses and available ports
• Automatically gather IP address to MAC address information in the LAN
• Visualise real-time ping results for one node or multiple addresses or hostnames
• Rapidly discover device or network hop connectivity issues
• Generate test traffic on the WAN for capacity planning purposes
• Verify that corporate email servers have not been blacklisted
• Visualise performance across SNMP-enabled devices
• Quickly identify addresses with or without reverse DNS responses, or with forward DNS errors
• Verify the hierarchy of DNS resource records
• Remotely boot PC and servers
• Visualise any active session in any device in the network from a single console
Configuration and Credentials
• Remotely configure NetFlow across Cisco devices from a central console
• Easily recover Cisco type 7 forgotten passwords
Pricing and Availability
The Engineer’s Toolkit, valued at £700 MSRP, is being offered for free for a limited time. Please click http://www.whatsupgold.com/PR/Toolkit for a free download.
About The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc.
The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc. is the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT Management software. WhatsUp Gold delivers comprehensive network, system, application and event log monitoring and management solutions for small and medium businesses and enterprises. Built on a modular, yet integrated architecture - the affordable and easy-to-use solutions scale with the size and complexity of any physical or virtual IT infrastructure. From a single console, WhatsUp Gold supports standard IT management tasks including automated discovery, mapping, real-time monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting. Over 100,000 networks worldwide use WhatsUp Gold solutions to assure the availability, health and security of their critical business infrastructure today.
Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division recently added to its product line complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organisations suite with the acquisition of Dorian Software Creations, Inc. WhatsUp Gold was named Network Management Product of 2010 by Network Computing Magazine and earned the Network Products Guide 2010 Product Innovation Award in Network Management. To learn more about WhatsUp Gold – the best value in IT Management software, download a free trial or to make a purchase, please visit: http://www.whatsupgold.com/products/download/
Davies Murphy Group
+44 1256 807360
+1 781 676 5785
* All mentioned trademarks, product and company names cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ipswitch in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.